BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

alternator wheel?

• Madge
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2012 19:22 #45672 by Madge
alternator wheel? was created by Madge
Hi my alternator wheel is binding up as i relise this is why the belt snapd has any one taken it off and douse it have a bearing inside thanks matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2012 19:34 - 07 Aug 2012 19:36 #45675 by Paul4x4
Replied by Paul4x4 on topic Re: alternator wheel?
I wouldn't bother opening it up and trying to fix it. When an alternator goes like that, it's a sign that you're better off buying a new one. After all those are fairly cheap, and after you replace it, you can again drive a loooong time without worrying when the thing is gonna break again. :)
Last edit: 07 Aug 2012 19:36 by Paul4x4.

More
10 Aug 2012 09:45 #45843 by 2013gary
Replied by 2013gary on topic Re: alternator wheel?
I agree with Paul. I just bought a used alternator for £30 off eBay. It comes with a three month warranty, and obviosuly there is a chance it might break after 3 months, but if that's the case a remanufactured one isn't mega bucks.

I'm swapping my alternator tonight. In an ideal world with no rusty bolts it seems like an easy job.

Gary

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds