BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Adjusting my panhard rods

• Yuleysjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2012 07:56 #36428 by Yuleysjimny
Adjusting my panhard rods was created by Yuleysjimny
Hi, I've just fitted my 2" lift kit along with my adjustable panhard rods. Now my question is how much do I need to adjust my rods as I haven't got a clue my steering wheel is way off centre as well, can I just take it to a garage and have all the wheels correctly aligned just like the tracking on a car? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2012 09:42 #36431 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: Adjusting my panhard rods
use a long straight edge and just adjust the panard rod until the axle is central ie wheels stick out equal on both sides....it isnt much (think mine was about 1/4" for a 3" lift)

as for aligning steering wheel locate front steering bar that goes from steering box to passenger wheel and loosen the nut on the drivers side of it then adjust passenger side nut until its central again and re tighten drivers side nut)

• Yuleysjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2012 10:03 #36436 by Yuleysjimny
Replied by Yuleysjimny on topic Re: Adjusting my panhard rods
Thanks Adam will give it a go but I may just find somewhere and someone else to do it.. Also sorry I wasn't in touch about the wheels I got tied up sorting the jimny ready for Sunday only to find out my lockers weren't locking and ended up being under neath it till about 6.30pm so completely forgot about them. I've also now decided I'm going to put some 16" on it but I'm struggling to find 235/75/16 so may have to go 235/70/16 or 215, 225.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2012 10:16 #36439 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: Adjusting my panhard rods
its pretty simple to be honest takes about 15 mins for panards and steering

no worries mate iv put em on ebay

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds