BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

4WD ans steering issues

• lewis991
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2012 15:15 #36330 by lewis991
4WD ans steering issues was created by lewis991
Hi all,

I went to a pay and play day today and when in 4wd low on full right hand down lock I was hearing a clicking noise from the drivers side, this got progressively worse as the day went on and has led to me losing 4wd completely. The 4wd light on the dash is now flashing.

Also the steering was jaming at points when stationery, this was fixed but taking it out of 4wd and drifng forwards. I managed to get home in 2wd with no problems, but I re engaged 4wd to see if I could hear the vacum on my driveway and now I am having trouble getting the steering on full legt lock, I can get full right hand lock. The power steering is still functioning as normal....

What are peoples thoughts? I am hoping its a hub issue but knowing my luck its a diff and drive shaft issue. :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2012 15:20 #36332 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: 4WD ans steering issues
Sounds like a CV joint to me.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: lewis991

• lewis991
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2012 15:22 #36333 by lewis991
Replied by lewis991 on topic Re: 4WD ans steering issues
Sounds good to me, well much better that axle issues, would the CV joint cause the 4wd to fail?

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds