BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fog Lights and Spot lights

• little jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2012 16:49 #36196 by little jimny
Fog Lights and Spot lights was created by little jimny
I've just bought a pair of fog lights in their metal mounting plates from a 4x4 breaker on eBay :) As I'll have to take the bumper off to fit them I started thinking about bolting a pair of spot lights to the bumper while I'm at it, but I've got three things on mind about it... First, would they foul the bonnet, second, would they look crap (can't find any pictures of standard Jimnys with spot lights on the bumper) and third, would they wobble about and flex?

Coming back to the fog lights, how easy is it to remove the fog light blanks from the bumper, and how likely is it that Suzuki fitted all the wiring regardless of whether or not the car came with fog lights as standard?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2012 17:56 #36199 by facade
In order

Most likely, the other boys fit them to metal bullbars or tubing that comes forwards.
Oh yes I think they would (but you might not think so)
Yes, the bumper is plastic, you need a metal frame/light bar type affair.

You have to remove the bumper and cut the holes out, I saw no sign of wiring on mine, the wiring may be inside, and an extra loom from the spotlights splugs in somewhere.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2012 18:11 #36200 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: Fog Lights and Spot lights
Older photo of my spotlight/fog light arrangement. Only have to remove top 3 fasteners to get under bumper to fit small plates to spread the load of spotties. They don't vibrate and are quite solid, lasted years until i put a nudge bar on and mounted the spotties on that.

File Attachment:

Intermediate set-up with lower nudge-bar.

File Attachment:

Current setup sans foggies and lightbar/numberplate holder.

File Attachment:

• wanderinstar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2012 10:30 #36215 by wanderinstar
Replied by wanderinstar on topic Re: Fog Lights and Spot lights
Hi there, Little Jimny,
I too have a pair of spotlight that I intend to mount on the front pumper. I too was worried about the vibrtion aspect. So what I have decidef to do is fot a 2" x 4" plate underneath the bumper , with the corneres bent a slight amount , say 5-10 degrees to give a bit moor of a grip under the bomper.
I also intend fitting 4 driving tights in long oblong gap below this, ( I go shooting)

• Ryan_94
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2012 12:46 #36222 by Ryan_94
Replied by Ryan_94 on topic Fog Lights and Spot lights
Here is my front bumper mounted spotlights, I don't have any problem with vibration at speed. They do catch the bonnet but you just pull them forward and lift up the bonnet, no biggie!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds