BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Castor correction

• Goat
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2012 20:39 #33563 by Goat
Castor correction was created by Goat
Thinking of a 3inch lift and castor correction but am a bit confused about castor correction. If its to put the self centring back into the steering why do you need to do the back ones as well? Is it worth getting the arms or just the bushes? What's the main difference if any in how these drive? I'll be using it as a daily drive so will be trying to get it to behave itself on the road.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2012 20:51 #33566 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: Castor correction
Castor correction bushes are ideal for a 2" lift and make a 3" lift better, but for full castor correction you ideally want castor corrected arms with a 3"lift so the steering will be as normal as possible.
Without castor correction or enough correction the steering wont self centre well. And will drive like poop

For the rear axle it will return the diff back to its correct position as well as putting the lower shock mounts level so the lower shock bushes last for more than 5 seconds, this also eliminates the need for the rear shock relocation brackets.

If planning on doing a'lot of playing then it is well worth replacing the arms with corrected leading and trailing arms as the original arms are made of cheese.

More
15 Feb 2012 21:28 #33575 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: Castor correction
The best mod i've done in my opinion and was free (thanks work for paying for 2 x nuts and bolts)
was to drill out the rear lower shock mounts and fit long bolts all the way through, so if they do decide to shear, they will just knock out and I wont need to drill through the old bolt.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds