BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

gearbox oil leak

More
11 May 2024 05:18 #255921 by paul2u
gearbox oil leak was created by paul2u
ok so i am going to tackle the prop shaft oil leak on my new to me 2008 i also bought a new seal from Martins shop as it seems a no brainer not to do it when in there , i am only going on what i hear about the prop shaft part , i have my JD weld epoxy ready to rock , so i am taking it that the weak bit is on the inside of the splined part at the bottom that needs to be sealed of is there a plastic plug thing in there that needs to be taken out first any tip bits would be greatly received

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2024 11:32 #255937 by paul2u
Replied by paul2u on topic gearbox oil leak
so i managed to the the job done but i was not successful, the prop shaft part once i got going was easy to fix and worked well but the oil seal did not , somebody in front of me already changed the seal but they damaged the casing trying to get it out , i tried to seal this but sadly it has not worked out , so the box is going to get changed and when there i will do the clutch , for any one else doing this job dont let this put you off the prop shaft was leaking and it repaired well with JB EPOXY GLUE stuff i allowed 24 hours to dry properly in the house lol its a fiddly job but only 9 bolts in all , i had already cut a 50x50 hole out and made a plate to refill the gear box as its a pain in the neck trying it on the floor , apart from drying time i was about two hours all in,   did take photo,s but i can see how to upload them

More
13 May 2024 21:30 #255949 by oldgazzer
Replied by oldgazzer on topic gearbox oil leak
I have exactly the same issue with the prop shaft squirting oil. I would love to see the pictures if you do manage to work out how to upload them.
Is it just a matter of undoing both ends of the prop shaft and pulling it out?
I am a bit hesitant to attempt this as everything I try to do looks so easy when watching others do it on youtube. When I have a go it turns into a right pain and I end up spending hours trying to undo nuts which have either been stripped or someone has overtightened.

More
14 May 2024 19:54 - 14 May 2024 19:55 #255957 by paul2u
Replied by paul2u on topic gearbox oil leak
the joys m8t as long as it dont cost a fortune time is cheep and in my case its lying flat on my back , no ramps lol  i never found how to upload photes from my desk top yet
Last edit: 14 May 2024 19:55 by paul2u.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 May 2024 03:22 #255958 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic gearbox oil leak
Using the reply option in the drop down as opposed to the quick reply you get an attachment button below the text box press that and follow the steps to select your picture to upload then press the green insert button and then submit as normal. 

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: paul2u, Filipao

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds