BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bodywork advice

More
08 Mar 2024 17:17 #254926 by Quasi
Bodywork advice was created by Quasi
After a bit of advice folks . Jimny's had a bit of a bash and is now a Cat S write off. Insurance have offered me £10500, or buy it back for £2500 and pocket £8000. It's a 15 plate with 53K miles, and was in good condition last week. The o/s front wing, bumper and door are easy repairs, but the B pillar is creased and the rear 1/4 is pushed in below the filler flap.I reckon it would need a replacement welding in, which is beyond my welding skills to do, so I'd need to pay someone to do that.

Do you reckon it's worth doing, or should I just take the money and run? I'm not too bothered about resale value afterwards as I tend to keep cars till they are worthless anyway.

Cheers
Mark
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2024 18:16 #254931 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Bodywork advice
I think I would take the money and run. There are a couple of 15 plates with lower miles on auto trader at near 11k so with a bit of haggling you would probably be near to what the insurance company are offering you.

More
08 Mar 2024 19:40 #254934 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Bodywork advice
I reckon that B pillar would pull out 
Wing and bumper second hand from kap suzuki 

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds