BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Trade-in values

More
01 Mar 2024 17:10 #254734 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Trade-in values
The LCV VED = £320 and Group 23D Insurance.
The Car SZ4/SZ5 VED = £180 and Group 13/14 Insurance.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2024 17:25 #254735 by Micheal
Replied by Micheal on topic Re:Trade-in values
Thanks for that, clearly the dealer was being a bit economical with that info!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Mar 2024 17:26 #254736 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Trade-in values
Also in light of it being the van be aware that many local authorities will charge you to bring a van into your tip/recycling centre regardless of what you are disposing of. We have this with harrogate if I go in my hard top land cruiser. Yet my jimny with the back seats out is fine.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
01 Mar 2024 18:03 #254737 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Re:Trade-in values
Maybe this is just me.......but sz4 are going to be a very rare in the future 
not many came into the country 
I would keep hold of it.......i find it more desirable than an sz5 less whistles and bells
and i like to off road 

More
01 Mar 2024 19:05 #254738 by Micheal
Replied by Micheal on topic Re:Trade-in values
Yes I think I will pass on the opportunity. My impression is that there are quite a lot of new LCVs looking for a home, maybe the extra tax and insurance for no discernible benefit might be putting a lot of folk off.

More
01 Mar 2024 19:26 - 01 Mar 2024 19:26 #254739 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Re:Trade-in values
The hype for the new shape jimnys has gone and the car market slowed right down over the winter. Plus Suzuki started getting more jimnys into the UK meaning that dealers have a lot of stock sitting around with no buyers. Also as said the fact that it’s a van with higher costs does also put people off. Going forward there are now many more LCVs in the UK meaning that SZ4/5 prices will stay firmer than the lcv in the used market because of their rarity, 4 seats, higher spec (SZ5), lower running costs and also available with Auto. So in the long term your SZ4 will probably hold its value better than an lcv.
Last edit: 01 Mar 2024 19:26 by jlines.

More
01 Mar 2024 19:34 #254740 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Re:Trade-in values
There are a lot of *white* LCVs looking for a home.  Other colours, not so much. My local dealer has reserved a blue one and other dealers are trying to get it for their customers, but this won't happen because my dealer is scared of Suzuki substituting a white one.  The last one of those they had sat around for a long time.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds