BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Re:Is this the correct front grill for a 2020 SZ5?

More
09 Feb 2024 23:55 #254185 by AJ
Congratulations on your new Jimny, looks a good one, I think you have the urban pack like mine came with when new, it includes the grill, sill covers  and spare wheel cover ( make sure you keep the lock well lubricated, it becomes very difficult to unlock if you don't) . I keep thinking I need to add the door protectors  too as they were part of another pack, just to help stop damage from other cars doors in car parks. I think you are going to love it, drive carfully and fifty plus mpg is possible on a good run, not quite so cartefully and mine gives about 43mpg but  even very short shopping type trips shoud give around 39mpg. Best simple upgrade is to fit Geolandars, just done it and regret not doing it sooner. Enjoy

Adrian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2024 23:58 #254186 by Filipao
Fantastic purchase, congrats.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Feb 2024 03:43 #254188 by Lambert
Well done that man!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Feb 2024 06:45 #254189 by rogerzilla
Be quick with the Geolandars if you want them in 195/80R15.  Not many left anywhere.  I had to go for Bridgestone AT002 instead, which are very similar to Yoko G015s (at the road end of the AT tyre spectrum, but still 3PMSF marked).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Filipao

• DrRobin
  • DrRobin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
10 Feb 2024 08:55 #254191 by DrRobin
Lightning, thanks for the heads up about the grille, I am going to stick with the one that is on, it’s unusual and I quite like it.

Roger, I am going to transfer the Maxxis I have currently on Gen 3 wheels to the stock Gen 4. I have two sets of alloys for my Gen 3, so it can go with Dynapros fitted. Then sell the spare set of alloys.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Filipao

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
29 Feb 2024 14:08 #254693 by DrRobin

Congratulations on your new Jimny, looks a good one, I think you have the urban pack like mine came with when new, it includes the grill, sill covers  and spare wheel cover ( make sure you keep the lock well lubricated, it becomes very difficult to unlock if you don't) . I keep thinking I need to add the door protectors  too as they were part of another pack, just to help stop damage from other cars doors in car parks. I think you are going to love it, drive carfully and fifty plus mpg is possible on a good run, not quite so cartefully and mine gives about 43mpg but  even very short shopping type trips shoud give around 39mpg. Best simple upgrade is to fit Geolandars, just done it and regret not doing it sooner. Enjoy

Adrian

Thanks Adrian,

Do you know which key fits the spare wheel cover?  Is it the ordinary car vehicle key or is it an extra key?

Looking online, it seems it's a different key.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
29 Feb 2024 16:57 #254702 by jlines
The plastic cover inside the spare wheel uses the locking wheel nut socket which should be located in the car either in the rear storage cupboard, glovebox or the owners pack.
Attachments:

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
29 Feb 2024 17:05 #254703 by DrRobin
Thanks James, but mine has the Stainless Steel over cover on with a locking hasp underneath.

simssuzukiparts.co.uk/products/genuine-s...me-black-990e0-57m13

I am not sure if it is a genuine one or an aftermarket.

I have seen new locking hasps (they are probably copies so if I can't find the key I will have to drill it off and fit a new one.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
29 Feb 2024 18:12 #254706 by jlines
Sorry my bad. For the bling cover you will need this set of keys. Ours were tucked away under the jack. 
Attachments:

• DrRobin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
More
29 Feb 2024 18:28 #254707 by DrRobin
Thanks James,

The photo of the key is exactly what I needed, at least I know what to look for now.

I did have a quick look in jack, but didn't see anything. I will have a proper look tomorrow now I know what to look for. Makes sense it would be in there.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
29 Feb 2024 20:33 #254710 by mlines

DrRobin wrote: Thanks James,

The photo of the key is exactly what I needed, at least I know what to look for now.

I did have a quick look in jack, but didn't see anything. I will have a proper look tomorrow now I know what to look for. Makes sense it would be in there.

Robin

Just for info, it was me that put ours in the foam insert where the jack goes, not the dealer/Suzuki

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
01 Mar 2024 10:24 #254715 by saxj

It also has a snorkel, a TJM Airtec, seems Jimnybits sell them, are they any good?

The garage didn't know why the snorkel was fitted, I suspect for style more than anything. It didn't make any noise except when at about 2,000 rpm and trying to pull hard it made a bit of a sound, still I should have probably changed down at that point.

Robin
Snorkels are a fairly common fitment here in South Africa. Most people fit them because they think they look cool. The primary purpose is to raise the intake to reduce the amount of dust that gets sucked in and slightly cooler air than from under the bonnet (I wouldn't imagine that excessive dust is an issue in the UK). Many turn the snorkel head backwards, further reducing the amount of dust sucked in and prevents the air filter from getting clogged with bugs. The "ram" effect is a myth and the snorkel does nothing for performance. The secondary purpose is to prevent the motor from sucking water in on deep water crossings (The snorkel on my Gen 3 saved my motor from drowning a couple of times). On that note, if you intend doing a deep water crossing, there are two holes on the underside of the pipe from the fender to the airbox that need to be closed up. 

My snorkel also makes a noise at 2000rpm under load.

TJM is probably one of the best snorkels available.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds