BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New LCV's at list price

More
24 Sep 2023 19:20 - 24 Sep 2023 19:21 #251001 by grumyoldjoe
Sims Suzuki Darlington have acquired a limited number of the New Jimny LCV`s in various colours at the LIST price not an inflated price that some are asking.So you get a brand new Jimny at the price it should be and in a choice of colours from only £21099.00 Plus metallic or Dual Tone Paint if you choose it.

Sims

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it
Last edit: 24 Sep 2023 19:21 by grumyoldjoe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2023 21:17 #251004 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic New LCV's at list price
Good spot.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
25 Sep 2023 08:31 #251006 by No Stock Available
if you want one get one now, Price increase from suzuki 1st oct it will now be £21,699

More
27 Sep 2023 09:18 #251036 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New LCV's at list price
Looking on autotrader SIMS have just put on 4 stating they are pre-registered, but are at the pre-October price rise amount. So, you won’t be the first owner in this case, and will need to pay £300+ more as you’ll have to tax the LCV which is included if you bought new.

Separately Trowbridge put on 5 new ones on autotrader…that have been pre-registered and listed at 22990 or 23490, depending on colour.

Clearly there is a flood of Jimnys arriving, and I’m not sure there are going to be crowds of people lining up to buy at above, or even at list, so will widespread discounting need to take place to sell them. Or will dealers just love have them sitting around in stock?

More
27 Sep 2023 09:31 #251037 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New LCV's at list price
Genuine "list" pricing and discounting on list is occuring, shop around!!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2023 09:47 - 27 Sep 2023 09:50 #251039 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic New LCV's at list price
The LCV is overpriced compared to the deleted passenger car, and I think people can see that now.  I doubt many actual businesses are buying them VAT-free, either.

Pebley Beach in Swindon has a white one on display.  It's the first Jimny I've seen there since I bought their demo one in 2014!
Last edit: 27 Sep 2023 09:50 by rogerzilla.

More
27 Sep 2023 14:48 #251045 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic New LCV's at list price
They do sell if they are at Genuine List price. I’ve managed to indirectly sell 3 over the past couple of weeks although there was a £500 off list offer which may have helped further. 

More
27 Sep 2023 16:33 #251047 by Tyrrell
Replied by Tyrrell on topic New LCV's at list price
We have managed to secure a new kinetic yellow with black roof at list price, we pick it up on Friday.

More
28 Sep 2023 17:01 #251069 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic New LCV's at list price
I am toying with the idea of upgrading my Gen 3, but here is the rub, I would prefer the four seater, not that I need the four seats often, but because the equipment level is higher spec in the SZ5 and I would rather have a car than a van.

So since Suzuki are importing the LCV again for sale rather than pre-order, does this mean they are running a few through production and distribution ahead of a new model in a year or two?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
28 Sep 2023 17:24 #251070 by jlines
I still can’t see anything happening for another year or two regarding a New Jimny or further development for the Gen 4. There is the hope of a hybrid or even electric Jimny but Hope is all it is at the moment.

More
28 Sep 2023 18:43 #251071 by Roger Fairclough
I paid £19,645.17 for my SZ5 spec Jimny. A new LCV is now listed at £21,099, an increase of £1453.83. Yes the SZ5 is a higher spec model but after 31/2 years, I would say the increase is reasonable.

Roger

More
28 Sep 2023 19:07 #251072 by jlines
The only things that can’t be changed easily are the LED headlights, the analogue controls on the dash and heated seats. Apart from that nearly most things can be changed to be like an SZ5. 

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds