BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

GEN 4 - Condensation / moisture behind head unit screen?

More
05 Feb 2023 11:20 - 05 Feb 2023 11:43 #247363 by LJ
Morning all, I picked up a new Jimny Commercial back in December 2022 & have noticed on a few occasions (mainly cold mornings) a build up of moisture behind the LCD screen of the head unit, this usually drys out after having the heating on for half an hour or so. 

Ive checked the suzuki portal & cannot see a bulletin for it. 

im just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue?  ive contacted suzuki & will let you know what they say. 

Images attached, 

Regards

Luke
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Feb 2023 11:43 by LJ. Reason: grammer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2023 14:56 #247367 by jlines
This might be a stupid comment but it’s not a piece of plastic like a screen protector over the glass which just hasn’t been removed from when the car got shipped? As when we saw ours fresh from transport they do have bits of plastic over them. Just a thought.

More
05 Feb 2023 15:19 #247369 by LJ
Hello,

That was my first thought initially, but sadly not.

When I touch the screen, you can see the moisture moving around on the inside of the LCD display.

Luke

More
05 Feb 2023 17:23 #247374 by mlines
The screen is made of a sandwich of layers, none of which are sealed to the other layers at all.

Whilst on a new car, this is clearly a warranty issue you can remove the radio and separate the radio from the bezel using 6 (or 8?) screws and the "sandwich" comes apart. You could then let it dry out and re-assiemble. I would check that water is not dripping from the top of the windscreen into the radio unit.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
06 Feb 2023 09:16 #247387 by LJ
Hi Martin,

totally agree, ill see what Suzuki say, may be a good excuse to upgrade the head unit! :)

I did check around the rear view mirror & radar, because I know you can get the condensation drip, but the whole roof & window area was totally dry!

ill keep you posted.

More
09 Feb 2023 21:39 #247493 by Williams
Just a thought but I've got a Commercial Gen4 and pulled away from a roundabout the other day and a few drips came down from the dip switch on the rear view mirror as I pulled away hitting the top of the head unit and my left leg. It happened again going round a left hand corner a week later. It's booked in Monday at the local dealer to do some investigating. Will keep you posted

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds