BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

4x4 question

• Markus171295
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2019 17:01 #212175 by Markus171295
4x4 question was created by Markus171295
Hi, I am looking to sell my 07 Suzuki jimmy, but it has a 4x4 issue of not engaging or disengaging when I select 4x4, I was thinking of fitting manual locking hubs. How would this effect the push button system (low gear ratio) ? and would this depreciate the value of the car?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Aug 2019 17:31 #212176 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic 4x4 question
Welcome to the forum. On an older Jimny manual hubs are actually something of a selling point as they add reliability.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Aug 2019 17:37 #212177 by Lambert
Oh and manual hubs mean that you gain 4x2lo giving you the ability to crawl on high grip surfaces without breaking anything. You operate the buttons but have control over the hubs.

• Markus171295
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2019 07:16 #212187 by Markus171295
Replied by Markus171295 on topic 4x4 question
Thank you, is fitting them as easy as replacing them with the automatic locking hubs?

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 Aug 2019 07:28 #212188 by Lambert
Fitting is simple. Remove the existing ones they should be torx screws. The new ones assuming they are avm are a two part design, the first bit is screwed onto the hub with m8 Allen bolts then the outer part is screwed to that with m4 tapered torx screws which don't want to be massively tight as they are quite delicate and would be a pig to remove if you snap one.. then in the engine bay below the battery are the control valves for the vacuum lines. Disconnect and cap them and your done. There's a more involved how to 8n the wiki section at the top of the page.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds