BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Best Suzuki dealers?

• AlexK
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2018 12:42 #195668 by AlexK
Best Suzuki dealers? was created by AlexK
Howdy - I'm a refugee from the Jeep world, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Jimny.

My local Suzuki dealers don't seem particularly inspiring, and I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for dealers they trust, both in terms of sales and service. Although I'm in Hampshire, more than happy to travel for good service.

Apologies if this question doesn't really fit BigJimny, but this seems the best Jimny forum by far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Sep 2018 13:02 #195670 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Best Suzuki dealers?
I use Bachelors in Ripon for my main dealer requirements. Friendly, helpful and good value for a dealer. Bit of a yomp from Hamshar though.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexK

• Totoro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Sep 2018 07:15 #195678 by Totoro
Replied by Totoro on topic Best Suzuki dealers?
Hi,
Although I can't comment on the relative quality of the sales and service between different Suzuki dealerships, it might be of use to know my experience having actually put a deposit down.
I'm in Hampshire as well and contacted several local main dealer, all of which initially wanted £1,000 non refundable deposit, later talked down to £500, but still non refundable.
Seeing as there is no confirmed UK release date, spec or pricing, I thought this was a little unreasonable.
I've actually but the deposit down at Romford Suzuki (thanks to John for the rip off) who wanted £250 deposit that was fully refundable. They also seemed the most knowledgeable about the car.
Might save you a lot of phone calls. Hope this helps

• AlexK
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Sep 2018 07:53 #195681 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Best Suzuki dealers?

Totoro wrote: Hi,
Might save you a lot of phone calls. Hope this helps

Wow, that's pretty cheeky, asking for £1k non-refundable. I wonder how Suzuki GB would feel about that. Thanks for the tip!

• jamie_300
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2018 11:49 #195706 by jamie_300
Replied by jamie_300 on topic Best Suzuki dealers?
Where about in Hampshire are you, I've been to Town & Country in Ash but only parts, I've know doubt that I will speak to them once the new Jimny is out. was ti them you spoke too?

• AlexK
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2018 10:41 #195733 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Best Suzuki dealers?

jamie_300 wrote: Where about in Hampshire are you, I've been to Town & Country in Ash but only parts, I've know doubt that I will speak to them once the new Jimny is out. was ti them you spoke too?

Apologies, wasn't sure this was in reply to me. My nearest dealer is Sparshatts Fareham, but reviews online seem to suggest they don't have the best reputation.

As an exercise, I thought I'd email the 10 nearest dealers to see what they knew, using the contact details listed on the Suzuki website. Three bounced as invalid. A fourth didn't respond. One was replied to by the MD, politely, but asked how I had his contact details. One replied only to ask me to call them by phone instead, another told me just to refer to the Suzuki website. One was replied to by two different members of staff, one of which said they didn't know anything at all and sent me to the press website.

Of 10 enquiries, I received only three that were in any way positive. Wasn't expecting the moon on a stick, but a better hit rate might have been good.

• Totoro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2018 11:53 #195736 by Totoro
Replied by Totoro on topic Best Suzuki dealers?
I tried Sparshatts in Fareham and Seward's in Cosham on the phone, seeing as they both said the same thing, I could see a theme developing so didn't bother calling any others.
Dan at Romford Sukuzi, was helpful, knowledgeable and pragmatic. So they got my deposit. Thanks again to John (Gadget) for the info.

More
06 Sep 2018 13:49 #195740 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Best Suzuki dealers?
Never having owned a Suzuki before, I just rang my local dealer (Romford) regarding the new Jimny and seem to have got lucky! :)

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds