BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Green Lane Activity

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2013 08:03 #78309 by Smoggy
Green Lane Activity was created by Smoggy
Got this email from my mate who's in the TRF for anyone who's interested.

Unfortunately I can't go unless I push my Jimny there :angry: :

This E-mail has been sent via the TRF Database and contains important information for you as a member. Please read and respond as requested.

THIS EMAIL IS SENT ON BEHALF OF THE PDVUG

Dear Registered User of the TRF Forum

The Peak Park website at www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/news/current-new...-are-actively-yours2 <www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/news/current-new...-are-actively-yours2> gives details of a national promotion called Actively Yours:

"UK national parks are ‘Actively Yours’

That mountain: it's yours to climb. That coastal path: it's yours to wander.
<uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=bvbqoidp1m430#>

That sweeping moorland, that pristine river, that tranquil forest -- they belong to you and to all of us. They are ours to explore.

'Actively yours… to enjoy' is the message of National Parks Week 2013, which takes place from Monday July 29 to Sunday August 4.

Chairman, Tony Favell added: "The weeklong celebration ends with a fun packed activity day at Castleton visitor centre on Sunday August 4. People can join in and find out what's great about the Peak District National Park."

Now that the Peak Park have shown that they DON'T welcome us (TRO soon on The Roych) and that they think the lanes are NOT ours to drive, we thought it would be nice to turn up in force and join in the fun on Sunday 4 Aug.

There will be a GLASS/TRF presence in the visitor centre car park in Castleton all day from 09.30, so come along and say hello. There are plenty of great lanes to drive/ride in the immediate area - Chapel Gate & Roych (quick before they are TRO'd), Brough Lane, Bamford Lane, to name a few.

It would helpful if there were lots of 4x4s and trail bikes moving slowly up and down Winnats Pass, filling up the car park at Castleton and driving slowly (because it will be busy) through Castleton, Hope and Bamford to let everyone know that the Peak Park is ours also and that the Greenlanes are for everyone.

Suggested route for local lanes - leave Castleton Visitor Centre car park - head up Winnats Pass - Mam Tor road to Edale - up Chapel Gate - west to Rushup Edge - down The Roych - through Wash to Sparrowpit - back to top of Winnats Pass - left onto Dirtlow Rake - down Pindale - to Brough and up Brough Lane - Abney and on to Bamford via Offerton Hall - up Bamford Clough - past Stanage Edge (on tarmac) to Lady Canning's Plantation - along Houndkirk Moor and back though Hathersage to Castleton.

Help and advice for those unfamiliar with the area from GLASS and TRF will be in Castleton Visitor Centre Car Park

See you there on the 4th.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GWR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2013 08:19 #78310 by GWR
Replied by GWR on topic Green Lane Activity
Are you any closer to getting your Jim sorted Mike?

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2013 12:20 #78326 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Green Lane Activity
pm sent mate.

• RichiesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2013 15:02 #78330 by RichiesJimny
Replied by RichiesJimny on topic Green Lane Activity
I won't be able to make it Mike but you can use my jimny if you want. :)

• GWR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2013 16:10 - 27 Jul 2013 16:11 #78334 by GWR
Replied by GWR on topic Green Lane Activity
pm sent mate.

Pm returned
Last edit: 27 Jul 2013 16:11 by GWR.

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2013 11:37 #78402 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic Green Lane Activity
If my jim was running i'd be up for this, so if anyones up for it, i'll try my best to get the jimny done this week

• Hastiekid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2013 12:58 #78417 by Hastiekid
Replied by Hastiekid on topic Green Lane Activity

ne-crock wrote: If my jim was running i'd be up for this, so if anyones up for it, i'll try my best to get the jimny done this week

I could be up for this if anyone fancies it? Ill have a free passenger seat open to any of the "North East Boys" if required including pick up and drop off. Ill be away for a few days from this afternoon so Ill catch up with the thread on Wednesday.

Ian

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2013 13:17 #78422 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Green Lane Activity
I'd love to go with you Ian. If that's okay. I just need to see if I can swap my rota day from the 4th August to another day. I will know this Tuesday for definite. Happy to share the fuel costs with you also mate.

• Hastiekid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2013 13:35 - 28 Jul 2013 13:37 #78424 by Hastiekid

Smoggy wrote: I'd love to go with you Ian. If that's okay. I just need to see if I can swap my rota day from the 4th August to another day. I will know this Tuesday for definite. Happy to share the fuel costs with you also mate.

Not a problem Bud, As I say Ill be back Wednesday so let me know then, anyone else fancy it?

Ian
Last edit: 28 Jul 2013 13:37 by Hastiekid.

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2013 13:58 #78427 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Green Lane Activity

Hastiekid wrote:

Smoggy wrote: I'd love to go with you Ian. If that's okay. I just need to see if I can swap my rota day from the 4th August to another day. I will know this Tuesday for definite. Happy to share the fuel costs with you also mate.

Not a problem Bud, As I say Ill be back Wednesday so let me know then, anyone else fancy it?

Ian

possibly depending if im still friends with my jimny :blink:

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2013 14:34 #78429 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic Green Lane Activity
After a bit of work on the jimny today i've found the problems my transfer box do i'm most likely going to start the change to a lobster or 410, so probably wont be sorted by the weekend :(

• Hastiekid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2013 17:47 #78669 by Hastiekid
Mike, got back from Amsterdam today to a bit of a "situation". Nothing serious but I need to keep Sunday free so unfortunately wont be able to make it. Looks like others are having trouble making this one so maybe its just not meant to be. :(

Ian

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds