BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Problems with roof :(

• Caz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 20:07 #77372 by Caz
Problems with roof :( was created by Caz
Hi Everyone :)

My name is Caz and im a newbie here . .

I have recently purchased an 03 soft top Jimny :)

I have recently put all new all terrain tyres on her and now it comes to purchasing a new roof . .
I have ordered a new one from Monsoon which should hopefully be with me tomorrow but im having a problem . .
Me being me thought i would start getting prepared and fell at the first hurdle cause for love nor money can i get the front canvas off . . I have followed all the instructions from the monsoon website on how to do it etc with no luck - So any suggestions would be fab.

My front bar is quite rusty and cant get one any where not even from Cam suzuki . . So i have decided i will sand it down and hammerite it hence why i was trying to get the front canvas off. .

Hope someone can help me :)
Thank in advance

Caz x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 20:15 #77374 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Problems with roof :(
If there is nothing wrong with the front section leave it there a pain i didnt change mine i just used a good cleaner to bring it up like new

• Caz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 20:38 #77380 by Caz
Replied by Caz on topic Problems with roof :(
Thanks for the reply :)

Nope there is nothing wrong with the front section. . but i still wanted to try and sort this rusty bar out by cleaning it up and giving it a coat of Hamerite. . i figured whist i had it all apart i would then put the new one on . .
Have you had the same problem?

More
17 Jul 2013 20:42 - 17 Jul 2013 20:43 #77381 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Problems with roof :(
Hi Caz welcome toBIG JIMNY.
You find that almost all the soft top have a bit of rust on the front roof bar, so like you said all you can do is rub it down and paint it.
Is it the front bar with the pop rivets that you can't get off, or were it fits on the roof.
DIRTYDOGZ B)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 17 Jul 2013 20:43 by dirtydogz.

• Caz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 20:51 #77382 by Caz
Hi Dirtydogz . .
It says on the monsoon website to pop out all 7 poppers thenhold up the front section in a vertical postion and just pull the canvas up . . seems strange as mine has the original front section on . . im afraid to tug to hard in case i brake my front bar where it has rusted . .cause if that happens i will be in the P**P LOL

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 20:53 #77383 by markyp2000
Leave it till you find one to replace it when wanted one there was a waiting list with most people

• Caz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 21:01 #77384 by Caz
Thanks Mark :)

I will leave it as you said . . as its the back hood thats gone on mine . . can i ask where did you get your new front bar from? iv been searching ebay etc with no luck.

More
17 Jul 2013 21:05 #77385 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Problems with roof :(
I agree with Mark if the front roof don't leak just replace the back canvas for now and see if a good front bar comes up for sale later.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....

• Caz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 21:12 #77387 by Caz
Thanks Guys

Much appreciated. . Monsoon are in the production stages regarding the front bars . . so hopefully they should not be to long before they are able to sell them.. fingers crossed.

x

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 21:16 #77388 by markyp2000
I didnt i sold it told the guy and put the front section in the boot iv seen it since and it still hasnt been changed

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 21:17 #77389 by markyp2000
Is your old rear roof popper or velcro cant remember when thay changed over

• Caz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2013 21:45 #77395 by Caz
My old one is the velcro one with the zip out windows. . the roof is perfect apart from the zip has gone on the tailgate. . so it was my excuse to get a new one.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds