BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny

• i5jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 15:18 #76689 by i5jimny
New Jimny was created by i5jimny
Just a couple of quick snaps of the new toy, will try & get a few better ones over the weekend. Just picked her up yesterday after 12 hr ferry crossing x2 and 150 mile drive each way.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 15:37 #76695 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic New Jimny
nice B)

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 16:14 #76708 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic New Jimny
welcome :)

More
11 Jul 2013 17:08 #76717 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic New Jimny
Hi and welcome Alex
that's the best colour, and it's the same age as mine :kiss:

love the rear tinted windows
now I hate you .. as must get mine done (been thinking about it for ages, but now seeing your's they look great)

;)

ps looks far too clean, that'll soon change now you've found bigjimny

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 17:15 #76721 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic New Jimny
Very smart & well worth the trip imo also welcome this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ................ ;)

• Vacneb
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 18:15 #76728 by Vacneb
Replied by Vacneb on topic New Jimny

Halford wrote: as must get mine done

I have a weekend booking at Tints over in Washington for a week on Saturday- £90 for the rear 3 windowsin whatever level of tint you want.

I think there are cheaper in the area, but Tints have done a few friends cars and they do top notch work!

I cant make it due to work ... Grrr ... you are more then welcome to have the weekend slot (about a months wait!!) if you want before I cancel it?

• i5jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 19:45 #76744 by i5jimny
Replied by i5jimny on topic New Jimny
Thanks for the welcomes and the comments guys. :) I am glad I turned this one up as I was going for an "06" in blue that didn't have the tinted back windows or BFG tyres but had only done 14000 miles but when I seen this one it was exactly what I wanted as I really like the tints. I've been checking up on the service record with the garage and also the VOSA site and everything adds up, the Suzuki dealer that serviced it said that it got everything it needed. Got 1 shock though when speaking to them when they said that it needed a timing belt change at 54000 miles or 6 years!! I explained that I was under the impression it was a chain and for the life of the engine but he said no definitely a belt. :unsure: First thing in the morning I'll be checking under the bonnet for the engine number just in case it has been replaced with a SOHC unit for some reason :laugh: Amazing how some things put doubts in your head, but I won't be happy till I see the engine number now which hopefully won't be too hard.

• i5jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 19:50 #76746 by i5jimny

Halford wrote: Hi and welcome Alex
that's the best colour, and it's the same age as mine :kiss:

love the rear tinted windows
now I hate you .. as must get mine done (been thinking about it for ages, but now seeing your's they look great)

;)

ps looks far too clean, that'll soon change now you've found bigjimny

Thanks for that Halford, if I had went for the blue one I was going to have to get them tinted as I feel it sets it off nicely. Got to agree with you about black being the best colour too. Started doing snow dancing tonight to be repeated at daily intervals!! :laugh:

More
11 Jul 2013 19:53 #76750 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic New Jimny
sure it'll be fine Alex
the car looks right - looks good
and BFG tyres are great (usually too expensive for BJ peeps)
looking forward to seeing what you do with it
check out my dog taxi
;)

More
11 Jul 2013 20:14 #76756 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic New Jimny

i5jimny wrote: Thanks for the welcomes and the comments guys. :) I am glad I turned this one up as I was going for an "06" in blue that didn't have the tinted back windows or BFG tyres but had only done 14000 miles but when I seen this one it was exactly what I wanted as I really like the tints. I've been checking up on the service record with the garage and also the VOSA site and everything adds up, the Suzuki dealer that serviced it said that it got everything it needed. Got 1 shock though when speaking to them when they said that it needed a timing belt change at 54000 miles or 6 years!! I explained that I was under the impression it was a chain and for the life of the engine but he said no definitely a belt. :unsure: First thing in the morning I'll be checking under the bonnet for the engine number just in case it has been replaced with a SOHC unit for some reason :laugh: Amazing how some things put doubts in your head, but I won't be happy till I see the engine number now which hopefully won't be too hard.

Your jimny will have a m13a Dohc engine and more likely its a vvt with electric transferbox. So the best bit is it is chain not belt.

• i5jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 20:29 #76760 by i5jimny

Halford wrote: sure it'll be fine Alex
the car looks right - looks good
and BFG tyres are great (usually too expensive for BJ peeps)
looking forward to seeing what you do with it
check out my dog taxi
;)

Thanks for that Mike, your Jimny looks good by the way and been reading your posts on the rear speakers as that is something I'll be looking at in the future. Like the body mods you have done, they all help to protect the bodywork as you say. How does the Rav compare to the Jimny? No competition really I suppose, the dog may have a different answer though due to the room factor. I would like to keep to the BFGs but the price I seen on the net was £135 each so don't know if the wife will wear that, should be a long time before I need them though.

• i5jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2013 20:35 #76762 by i5jimny
Thanks supergaz, yeah it's just the guy at the dealership put doubt in my mind and I started thinking maybe it had had an engine change but then if that was the case there's no way it would be a timing belt one as they were all SOHC unless I am mistaken. Just thought he maybe had info in front of him that stated this and I didn't like to push him too hard as he was really being helpful answering my questions. Gonna check number on block in morning though, I guess I'm just too cynical in my old age. :silly:

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds