BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

brake pipes on jimny

• Jackdelves
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2013 07:44 #67499 by Jackdelves
brake pipes on jimny was created by Jackdelves
hi there

as im new to the jimny got loads of little jobs to do .noticed brake pipes could do with tiedeing up bit rusty can you get a complete kit any were .or do you just get them bit by bit.oh also got a bit of under body rust i would like to treat to slow it down any easy way to do it.like if i spray some thing on it.

thank you all great to here from you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2013 09:06 #67504 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: brake pipes on jimny
If you are mechanically capable then making your own lines is the best way. If your not confident pay a qualified mechanic.

Get a reel of copper/nickel brake line (wont rust), some brake unions (M10) and a flaring kit (that can do double ended flares). Halfrauds do all of these.

Take the old lines off one by one and use then as a template to form the new ones. Becareful on sharp bends not to kink the pipe. I use a secured metal bar to gradually work the pipe into a smooth bend

I had my J professionally undersealed, as its a messy job, by Rustmaster. Comes with a 5 year guarentee and free annual top ups.

• Jackdelves
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2013 10:51 #67515 by Jackdelves
Replied by Jackdelves on topic Re: brake pipes on jimny
thank you great advise.im game to do any mechanical job .have just done new king pins and bearings and seals. new disces and pads.

cheers .

More
01 Apr 2013 14:42 #67538 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: brake pipes on jimny
You need flaring tools etc. When mine needed doing the cost and bother made it not worth doing myself. Then my Mrs BMW needed brake pipes doing too, I came to the same conclusion again. I'm confident I could do it well but it looks a little fiddly and without a ramp tedious.

So it depends on not only ability but also how much you like doing things for yourself.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackdelves

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds