BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

snow

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2013 09:27 #66618 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic snow
Well at 04.30 nothing, now it's all white, about an inch & still falling so hope to get out before it disappears .... :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2013 09:52 #66622 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic snow
It's been coming down throughout the night in Southend but not settling at all. Still coming down now.

It seems every time it threatens snow the Mrs BMW gets scared and needs work doing. Last time a week or so ago it was on it's way to the workshop to have an oil leak fixed and only just got there as it iced up and snowed bringing Southend-on-Sea to a stand still with buses crashing etc. I got around fine in my T reg Micra mind, plodding up over a bridge in second after a prat in a fiesta tried full throttle in first and slid back down sideways!

This time the BMW saw it coming and threw it's coolant on the ground! Either the rad or the expansion tank decided 12 years of service was plenty for them! I'll see later which it was but it would have been useless if it settles anyway!

My Jimjam will therefore be pressed into daily service for a few days till I get it sorted. The local Eurocarparts has two expansion tanks on the shelf, which tells me something about the amount they must sell if the local branch stocks two!

If only the BMW was as easy to work on as a Jimjam! I might get her an old Cortina instead. I suspect she might miss the power, leccy windows, aircon, power steering etc but it will be easier to work on!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
23 Mar 2013 13:51 #66642 by facade
Replied by facade on topic snow
Loads of snow here today.

Had to use the jimny for the Tescos run, as the Rav failed. It got out of the drive, then got stuck in the side road, in about 6" of packed snow.

Wrong sort of snow I think, quite hard packed so it takes some rollering down, and melts under the tyres to a glassy lubricated surface if ever you stop, so you can't get going again.

Only trouble I had was getting back into the drive.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
23 Mar 2013 15:42 #66654 by fast forward
Replied by fast forward on topic snow
sheffield side roads bad and my vac hubs working ok again ! keeps snowing on and off ;)

if you cant go round it go over it ! or vice versa ?

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2013 16:43 #66665 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re: snow
Well this was a green lane today at Beeley. Complete fluke i spotted it. Anyone who knows Chatsworth, its the first left after the humpback bridge going towards Matlock. Good little run, with huuge drifts to plough!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2013 16:46 #66666 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic snow
Apperknowle as though your going to black hills = brilliant

More
24 Mar 2013 06:05 #66724 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic snow
Still nought in Southend which is good now I've fixed ze beemer. We got back from the lakes in ze beemer just the other day and now I hear cumbria is covered in snow. Looks like we were lucky to get home before the snow and before ze beemer spat it's coolant out!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Mar 2013 09:15 #66730 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re: snow
Sounds like you were very lucky pal. On the news those cars in the 4ft plus snow drifts had people still in them! Day After Tomorrow 2!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
27 Mar 2013 12:37 #67052 by fast forward
Replied by fast forward on topic Re: snow
came out of hospital at 2;30 AM monday after the birth of my new baby daughter to find jimny wouldnt start flat battery due to freezing conditions and the snow ,waited till 3.30am for the AA to arrive for a jump start ,now very tired took jimny for a new battery today as the old one was a suzuki original factory one , as it had its innings on a 54 plate ! :(

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2013 12:41 #67055 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic Re: snow
Sorry to hear about the knackered battery. But BIG BIG congratulations on the birth of your daughter. :cheer:

More
27 Mar 2013 13:18 #67058 by fast forward
Replied by fast forward on topic Re: snow
thankyou plenty of sleepless nights aheads ! :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds