BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

winch bumper fitting

• jimnybob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2013 22:03 #65017 by jimnybob
winch bumper fitting was created by jimnybob
has anyone got the fitting instructions for the ora front winch bumper?? any threads? :S thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2013 22:30 #65021 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic winch bumper fitting
Is there not a pdf on there web site for it

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2013 22:33 #65022 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic winch bumper fitting
Just looked on there web site it tell you how to fit it where the bumper is listed

• jimnybob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2013 22:50 #65024 by jimnybob
Replied by jimnybob on topic winch bumper fitting
totally missed that :lol: gives me a better idea but its a bit vague though. has anybody got any pictures of the main mounting brackets as im not sure if mine have been cut

• BigMat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 03:29 #65028 by BigMat
Replied by BigMat on topic winch bumper fitting
Got a few of mine here if it helps?

• Jason
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 06:00 #65029 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic winch bumper fitting
Hello just saw you question. Me i have just installed the new ORA front and back bumpers. So if you need contact me and i will see if i can help. My jimny is a 2010, 2" trail master lift, ORA front and back bumpers, tabor 9k winch. On the ORA site they have a pdf for a winch plate, the front bumper set up is roughly the same. You will need a disk cuter, drill, and n19 wrenches and about a days work for the front with winch. Good luck.

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 14:13 #65053 by g187eev
Replied by g187eev on topic winch bumper fitting
Hi Guys. This is something we are working on right now any hope to have a new guide published this coming week.

In the meanwhile we can email you some directions.

The images posted above are for our old style weld on bumper, these are not relevant to your bumper at all.

RB

• BigMat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 15:55 #65064 by BigMat
Oops didn't realise you meant the new bolt on bumper! Sorry it was stupid o'clock musn't have been thinking straight :P

• jimnybob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 18:28 #65072 by jimnybob

BigMat wrote: Oops didn't realise you meant the new bolt on bumper! Sorry it was stupid o'clock musn't have been thinking straight :P

no youve got the right one :) why have you cut the chassis rails back to the body mounting brackets??

• BigMat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 20:11 #65085 by BigMat
Because that's how it's meant to go on according to the instructions and fit is perfect :)

• jimnybob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2013 00:15 #65105 by jimnybob
Oh fair enough have you bolted it where its welded too? If soo its has been fitted properly. I wonder if you could leave the front chassis rails long and mount the bumper back where its supposed to be neat the body mounts leaving the 2 tabs of chassis on. Have you found you've got good shut lines with this bumper? :)

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2013 09:09 #65114 by g187eev
Replied by g187eev on topic winch bumper fitting
Jimnybob. Please plaease please drop us an email to confirm what type of bumper you have, as you will be bggered if you chop your chassis like the OLD bmmpers required if you have the NEW style bumper.

Please email us so we can confirm what bumper you have and we can guide you through the installation accordinly.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RB

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds