BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

incase anyones going to iceland.

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2013 23:25 - 31 Jan 2013 23:47 #60488 by nicho
incase anyones going to iceland. was created by nicho
quite like the look of that jimny.
the bfg muds look good what size you recon they are 215 75s ?

www.adventurerentals.is/en/page/our-cars

just found this guys right up about his trip with a few jimny pics from this company.
www.xionone.co.uk/iceland.htm#Day_1
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Jan 2013 23:47 by nicho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2013 12:33 - 01 Feb 2013 12:35 #60531 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic incase anyones going to iceland.
Both look to be standard height Jims... so can't be much bigger than 215 75's

Although i thought 215 75's rubbed without a slight lift :blink:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2013 12:35 by adamatdraycott.

More
01 Feb 2013 15:39 #60560 by kirkynut
I'd love to do an expedition trip to Iceland but fancy a Jimny is a little too small to do so in really. Is imagine a 110 is the motor to take really. Nonetheless I'd still like to go in a Jimny, just think I might be a bit mad to expect it to be big enough!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
01 Feb 2013 17:48 #60586 by mcjimny
With just 2 of you i reckon you'd have more than enough space for all you need.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
01 Feb 2013 18:16 - 01 Feb 2013 18:18 #60590 by kirkynut

mcjimny wrote: With just 2 of you i reckon you'd have more than enough space for all you need.

You haven't seen what we take on a weekend away to an offroad site!

You could possibly be right if we planned stops at hotels right and had a roof tent and I didn't go mad on the spares and tools I carry - I am one of the pack for every conceivable eventuallity brigade - which is not the way to be on an expedition I know but that's the way I am!

Mmmm - I wonder if there could be a Big Jimny Members trip to see the Northern Lights on the horizon (pardon the pun). I would love to build a Jimny just for that trip - Oh god - I'm off again - thinking about building another bloody Jimny.... I best log off before I start ordering a whole Jimny off ebay and then the entire catalogue from the ORA website...

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 01 Feb 2013 18:18 by kirkynut. Reason: spelling and grammar due to fat fingers

• trevorjd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2013 18:50 #60596 by trevorjd
Replied by trevorjd on topic incase anyones going to iceland.

kirkynut wrote: I'd love to do an expedition trip to Iceland but fancy a Jimny is a little too small to do so in really. Is imagine a 110 is the motor to take really. Nonetheless I'd still like to go in a Jimny, just think I might be a bit mad to expect it to be big enough!

Kirkynut

you know the saying" if you want to go on an expedition go in a land rover but if you want to get back go In a Toyota"

More
01 Feb 2013 21:32 #60615 by mcjimny

kirkynut wrote:

mcjimny wrote: With just 2 of you i reckon you'd have more than enough space for all you need.

You haven't seen what we take on a weekend away to an offroad site!

You could possibly be right if we planned stops at hotels right and had a roof tent and I didn't go mad on the spares and tools I carry - I am one of the pack for every conceivable eventuallity brigade - which is not the way to be on an expedition I know but that's the way I am!

Mmmm - I wonder if there could be a Big Jimny Members trip to see the Northern Lights on the horizon (pardon the pun). I would love to build a Jimny just for that trip - Oh god - I'm off again - thinking about building another bloody Jimny.... I best log off before I start ordering a whole Jimny off ebay and then the entire catalogue from the ORA website...

Kirkynut

It would take some planning but its do-able! Just have to get imaginative with the storage options and share tools and equipment between vehicles. Fuel range is the biggest hurdle i would say.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

• ilten
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Feb 2013 09:24 #60630 by ilten
Replied by ilten on topic incase anyones going to iceland.
You have nothing to worry about. A member on the german Jimny forum made a trip to Iceland with his wife and 2 children (!) in an almost stock Jimny and came back to tell the tale.
www.suzuki-jimny.info/showthread.php?169...nd-zu-viert-im-Jimny
You just can't pack everything including the kitchen sink, but if you are somewhat reasonable with packing it should be perfectly doable.
ilten

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2013 23:19 - 07 Feb 2013 23:23 #61419 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic incase anyones going to iceland.
some more pics from Iceland

Last edit: 07 Feb 2013 23:23 by nicho.

• horam_jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2013 06:01 #61430 by horam_jimny
Replied by horam_jimny on topic incase anyones going to iceland.
Any idea if those metal roof racks are available in the UK? I was thinking of having one made but if they're a reasonable price I may avoid the hassle.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds