BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Jimny owners other hobbies

• Docmartin4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jan 2014 22:59 #102481 by Docmartin4x4
Replied by Docmartin4x4 on topic Jimny owners other hobbies
We would make a good quiz team!!!!!

Mart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RobT
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2014 14:23 #102512 by RobT
Replied by RobT on topic Jimny owners other hobbies
We're fell runners. It's the main reason I got the Jimny, the other car was getting stuck in event car parks (Farmers fields) and really mudded up, so now we embrace the mud and have fun in the car parks instead of stress. Best decision I ever made. It's great to be able to sit in the back and change trainers etc. Next mod I need is some "puddle" lights on the rear door and an additional interior light in the back for changing at night runs.

File Attachment:

Untitled by robturner.derby , on Flickr

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
29 Jan 2014 16:03 #102523 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Jimny owners other hobbies

RobT wrote: It's great to be able to sit in the back and change trainers etc. Next mod I need is some "puddle" lights on the rear door and an additional interior light in the back for changing at night runs.

Like this.....

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/bigjimny-blog...nterior-light-v15-63

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
01 Feb 2014 10:27 #102827 by mc_nebula
I'm a caver, climber, walker, 4x4-driver, repair-it-myself enthusiast and pub lover.

I used to do some urban exploration like some others I've seen mention on here. I've climbed the shard (made national papers) and loads of other towers in London, climbed gas towers around the country, suspension bridges and cranes. I've been in WWII bunkers, cold war bunkers, and more modern ones. I've explored storm drains, sewers and culverts, including much of London's Victorian drain network and modern cable tunnel systems. I've abseiled into storm drains, metro systems and off buildings, built rope swings on cranes and much much more... I can't talk about it much at the moment, especially not in a public forum, but I have a trial in April as a result of my antics. I'm being tried under Conspiracy legislation. Urban Exploring isn't as harmless as many of the large public forums would have you believe. PM's welcome for more info about my past antics. (idiotmobil, Ruby2, I'm looking at you!)

Idiotmobil, where do you cave? Are you in a club? I'm in Bracknell District, done most of my caving in the mendips, been to wales (OFD) once, did the streamway through trip. I'm just starting to become experienced with SRT now too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruby2

More
01 Feb 2014 12:36 #102834 by idiotmobil
only wales really started a few years ago doing abit of searching on the net and os maps finding caves about and just going in, abit of a silly way of doing it but I am a bit like that, one of the best we have done is the one at Ystradfellte in Brecon becons, ive not done any high things in scared of hights lol I use to climb a few years back but had a bad one on a cliff free climing in dorset not done it since, it would be nice to hear when some caves are in the mendips as a lot closer than wales

JIMNYLESS

More
02 Feb 2014 22:01 - 02 Feb 2014 22:03 #103103 by mc_nebula
Where are you based? www.mcra.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=more_info is a brilliant book for mendip caves. It's a thick hardback with glossy photos, full surveys and writeups of caves. If you are anywhere near bracknell (I live in Fleet, hampshire) , you should join our caving club. It's not too formal, pretty tongue in cheek and it's great to get out with some of the older cavers and out with much more experienced cavers into some amazing caves.

www.mcra.org.uk/wiki/doku.php has info for many caves in mendips. Try and get a proper survey before you visit!

www.bdcc.co.uk/ is the club I'm in. It's good to join a club as the club has tons of gear, ropes, ladders, harnesses etc for more complex trips!
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 22:03 by mc_nebula.

More
02 Feb 2014 22:08 #103107 by idiotmobil
im only down the m3 in Southampton ill look in to that as would be good to do some proper caving as I get worried some times as I know how bad it could go (ive watch the film decent lol) a lot of other things going on in my life at the moment

JIMNYLESS

• craigy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2014 10:06 #104087 by craigy123
Replied by craigy123 on topic Jimny owners other hobbies

mlines wrote:

mlines wrote: My other hobbies....

Its Air Cadets - I run Wokingham Squadron

Ever up at RAF Leuchars?

• craigy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2014 10:10 #104088 by craigy123
Replied by craigy123 on topic Jimny owners other hobbies
Car detailing
Golf
Football
Gym
Motor racing
And new new hobby Jimny'n

• Yellostreak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2014 17:30 - 10 Feb 2014 17:32 #104105 by Yellostreak
Replied by Yellostreak on topic Jimny owners other hobbies
this...

Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 17:32 by Yellostreak.

• L7kvv
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2014 21:43 #104771 by L7kvv
Replied by L7kvv on topic Jimny owners other hobbies
This has been my other hobby that ive had and added to over the last 6 years. Never quite finished though...

More
16 Feb 2014 21:55 #104777 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Jimny owners other hobbies
So the Jimny's a hobby???????? :whistle:

I do the washing up and vacuuming as well. :laugh: :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds