Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Did you spot a Jimny on the road?
Report it here.

Beaulieu Motor Museum car park tues 05/11/13

More
27 Nov 2013 22:50 - 27 Nov 2013 22:58 #93523 by kirkynut
Sorry - not seen your last comments till now.

You may gain a little more droop from longer shocks with stock springs but I suppose you need to establish if your stock shocks are maxing out first. Otherwise you'll not have anything to gain if the standard ones still have further to go!

You need to get it properly twisted up and be able to get out and look at what's happening - do you have a mate with a fork lift??? Just make sure the forks are tight enough together that the wheel can't fall through!

If you do look to have longer shocks - how about shock extenders to keep the cost down?

You could add spring spacers perhaps to gain a little lift and negate the need for spring clamps unless you really want to have dislocating springs. Don't forget that if there's no weight on the tyre from a spring pushing down it will unlikely find much grip and may aswell be waving in the air. That's why Simon invented the X Spring for Landrovers:

foundry4x4.co.uk/index.php?route=product...5_1759&product_id=71

File Attachment:

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 27 Nov 2013 22:58 by kirkynut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2013 23:41 #93545 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Beaulieu Motor Museum car park tues 05/11/13
Ive got another thread going about the subject, most people rejected the idea :(

I dont have access to a forklift unfortunately so what other method can I use?

oooooo the x spring set up looks cool B)

More
28 Nov 2013 18:20 - 28 Nov 2013 18:23 #93629 by kirkynut
You just need to find something to drive up onto that's big enough to get you fully articulated!

Something that won't collapse under you or that you won't damage if it belongs to someone!

I used a concrete block near a building site - I got up with waffle boards!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

To prove my point though I nearly didn't get down as the wheel on full droop had no grip and just span! I bounced my considerable weight around a bit and it just caught the ground enough to grip and drive down! The opposite front wheel was spinning also - obviously.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 28 Nov 2013 18:23 by kirkynut.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2013 18:55 #93637 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Beaulieu Motor Museum car park tues 05/11/13
Nice pictures,lots of flex B)

so once in this position or something along those lines what am I looking for?im assuming your front left and rear right wheels were spinning.

More
29 Nov 2013 22:50 #93934 by kirkynut
If you lengthen your shocks, you're looking to see if your springs dislocate. Yes, front left & rear right wheels spun out! Thought I was gonna have to get out & push the bugger off!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds