Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Did you spot a Jimny on the road?
Report it here.

Red and Blue Modified Jimnys - Borden, Hampshire

More
13 Oct 2013 15:47 #86051 by mlines
Saw you both coming out of Borden, I was the person waving in the white Range Rover

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2013 16:45 #86058 by mc_nebula
I can't say I saw you waving, sorry! Blue is mine, the red one following was IloveICS (Martyn) on here. We had been to Hogmoore. Good Suzuki representation there today, myself, Martyn, the silver one you also saw, our mate Dan (blue too) and a chap in a green one who I also met at Aldermarston once.
There were also 3 sammys, the usual plethora of landrovers and a rather good 1960's Unimog on portal axles going just about anywhere it fancied!
There was also a series 3 Disco being gingerly driven around the edge, and some nutter in a 61 plate Isuzu pickup who had buried it to the bottom of the doors in mud...

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Oct 2013 11:52 #86173 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Red and Blue Modified Jimnys - Borden, Hampshire

mc_nebula wrote: There was also a series 3 Disco being gingerly driven around the edge, and some nutter in a 61 plate Isuzu pickup who had buried it to the bottom of the doors in mud...

There's a guy at my local P&P with a huge yankee pickup on a 12plate who does something similar every month!

It looks as though he cleans it for a month... then totally covers it in wet clay for an hour!

More
14 Oct 2013 12:36 #86178 by idiotmobil
I should be up bordon for the 27th I think its a landrovers club meet but open to every one I think its on hogmoor

JIMNYLESS

• littlegreenjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Oct 2013 14:47 #86186 by littlegreenjimny
Replied by littlegreenjimny on topic Red and Blue Modified Jimnys - Borden, Hampshire
i am the chap in the green jimny ;)

nice to see you all today, hope you all got home ok

is you axle ok?

More
14 Oct 2013 16:53 #86196 by mc_nebula
Seems totally fine. I think it's just the wanky Off Road Armoury Panhard Rods. If I thought they would take them back, I'd ring them, but it's not worth the hassle. They are just so noisy :/

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Oct 2013 18:39 #86212 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Red and Blue Modified Jimnys - Borden, Hampshire

mc_nebula wrote: Seems totally fine. I think it's just the wanky Off Road Armoury Panhard Rods. If I thought they would take them back, I'd ring them, but it's not worth the hassle. They are just so noisy :/

What noise are thay making as i had a set on mine i was alway spraying them

More
14 Oct 2013 23:18 #86265 by mc_nebula
There seems to be play in the rose joints between the rose and the bolts on the chassis and axle. This results in clicking and clunking when I turn corners or articulate (more than the normal jimny cracking). For instance, entering a roundabout is a turn one way, results in a clunk, then leaving the roundabout is a corner the other way, results in another disconcerting clunk.

What do you mean, forever spraying them?

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Oct 2013 11:51 #86322 by Dave cc
Replace the joint if its worn if you go on Mcgill motorsports website you can buy a totally enclosed rubber boot for rose joints and good quality joints for real good prices once boot in place use a syringe to fill it with grease should last a lot longer

More
15 Oct 2013 17:33 #86371 by mc_nebula
I only just got them, so they shouldn't be worn. The interface between the ball and socket (kind of thing) seemed tight and well made. I don't have boots on them, should I? They didn't come with boots, and didn't suggest anywhere that they should...
It seems to me that the play is more between the bolt on the chassis/axle mount and the centre of the ball, the interface there has play. Normally, the rubber bush would prevent the clunking (rubber doesn't clunk!) I presume I just have to live with this?

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Oct 2013 20:31 #86396 by Dave cc

mc_nebula wrote: Seems totally fine. I think it's just the wanky Off Road Armoury Panhard Rods. If I thought they would take them back, I'd ring them, but it's not worth the hassle. They are just so noisy :/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds