BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Purchase advice please (1995 SJ413)

More
28 Dec 2023 18:22 - 28 Dec 2023 18:29 #253132 by Tango91
Howdy.

I'm hoping to go and have a gander at nice straight looking 1995 SJ413. There's no mention of structural or body rust on the MOT history and the seller assures me there's no serious rusty bits.

I know my way around a Gen3 Jimny and the G13BB engine, but these older models are new to me.
I gather that the 95s have single point fuel injection and run a distributor?

The seller says it's been sat around a few months and 'isn't starting as it should' - hence a nice price - aside from the usual things is there anything specific that might help me on one of these?

Advice on a postcard please. And if anyone knows a good solicitor, I think this one might push SWMBO over the edge this time.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Dec 2023 18:29 by Tango91.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2023 19:01 #253133 by jlines
I would still check it over throughly despite a clean MOT history as many with hide or completly miss the rust in their reports. Check under any carpets or mats in the footwells, rear bed around the corners and rear wheel arches. Usually the bad running of SJs is down to carbs needing a rebuild. Being a 95 samurai its getting near to the production of early Gen 3 Jimnys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tango91

More
28 Dec 2023 21:19 #253135 by lesgrandepotato
I’d suggest if you can mechanically sort the efi on the Jimmy the SJ won’t be very different. Parts may be harder. 

Have a real good look at the front of the rear arches and behind the seats in the cab. It’s not that hard to sort but it’s body off territory. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tango91

More
28 Dec 2023 22:57 - 28 Dec 2023 22:58 #253138 by Tango91
Thanks both

I had a discovery 2 that turned out to be as rotten as a pear, I had the body off, cut it in half and welded a new half frame in, so a bit of fab doesn't scare me, as long as it's not a lost cause. I'll be taking my little toffee hammer in any case!

EDIT: if anyone wants to read a proper car crash story and a descent into financial and mental ruin, the thread is here:
https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/the-little-discovery-that-could-financially-ruin-me.381617/
Last edit: 28 Dec 2023 22:58 by Tango91.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds