BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

diesel vitaras

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2021 06:32 #238505 by Baloo
diesel vitaras was created by Baloo
are there any vitara gurus on here ?  what  i would like to know  about is the bellhousing bolt patten on a diesel vitara,  i have a vitara with a deceased diesel engine which is the hdi pug engine  would the earlier pug engine the 1.9 from a 306 etc bolt up to the gearbox  ie does the hdi use the same block  ???     anyone ?

thanks Andy 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2021 07:42 - 13 Sep 2021 07:44 #238539 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic diesel vitaras
Not sure what year models in question here but other Suzukis that use these french engines do have the standard french bolt patterns and can use same engines from other makes.
That is more or less the point of using the standard french engines, if they use it as is then the price of them is cheaper for suzuki.

edit: I would try to use the same engine code and year of manufacture to make sure there is less other problems with the fit though.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2021 07:44 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2021 17:34 - 13 Sep 2021 18:00 #238566 by Baloo
Replied by Baloo on topic diesel vitaras
hi
   sorry yes should have said the year.  think it was an 04 plate,  its the common rail hdi peugeot  but the last thing i want to do is use another one  its the third  one ive had fail. AA said it was the immboliser  refused to look at it and transported me 250 miles back home instead,   i have a perfectly good peugeot 306 diesel engine that requires 1 wire to make the injector pump work and no immboliser    yippee
sure i can make some sort of toy out of this 
File Attachment:

Last edit: 13 Sep 2021 18:00 by Baloo.

More
15 Sep 2021 07:44 #238625 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic diesel vitaras
Baloo is there alot of modification to get the 306 engine to sit in the chassis?

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Sep 2021 17:44 - 15 Sep 2021 17:44 #238640 by Baloo

Baloo is there alot of modification to get the 306 engine to sit in the chassis?

hi Dirtbird

in which chassis ?   but the answer is it fits in both the jimny and vitara easily with no chassis mods,  i still have a vitara with a factory fitted diesel engine  the XUD  as fitted to  205's 305' 405' etc   it was suzukis answer to a diesel vitara,  when it moved onto the grand vitara they used the mazda diesel the RF engine for a while  then they went back to the pug  common rail diesel engine engine.   and i used to have a diesel jimny with the xud engine which they fit as standard is some markets,  so its an easy fit

Last edit: 15 Sep 2021 17:44 by Baloo.

More
15 Sep 2021 18:38 #238643 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic diesel vitaras

hi Dirtbird

in which chassis ?   but the answer is it fits in both the jimny and vitara easily with no chassis mods,  i still have a vitara with a factory fitted diesel engine  the XUD  as fitted to  205's 305' 405' etc   it was suzukis answer to a diesel vitara,  when it moved onto the grand vitara they used the mazda diesel the RF engine for a while  then they went back to the pug  common rail diesel engine engine.   and i used to have a diesel jimny with the xud engine which they fit as standard is some markets,  so its an easy fit

Pure Gold Baloo thanks for the info  fella. 

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Oct 2021 17:18 #239140 by Baloo
to answer my own question   yes you can take a gearbox off a hdi engine in a vitara and fit it to the earlier xud engine from the 306 etc
opens up a few possibilities me think

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds