BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

2011 Grand Vitara - Buying Advice

More
01 Jun 2020 18:20 #223126 by furo
Hi guys,

I have a young son now and need something bigger than my Jimny. I'm going to view a 2011 Grand Vitara tomorrow (2.4L petrol, 40,000 miles). Is there anything in particular I should look out for? I have heard that some are prone to the engine block cracking, what would that look like? And do they have any particularly rust-prone areas?

Many thanks

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2020 19:57 #223128 by gv42
go to suzuki grand vitara club , some have had engine block cracking with the gv too ,
The following user(s) said Thank You: furo

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Jun 2020 04:07 #223136 by Lambert
Our one is a 2012 2.4 5 door. Beautiful car very comfortable. The cracked engine was rectified after 2009 allegedly and the seatbelt airbag warning was fixed by 2011. The niggles are the back door spare wheel is a space saver and you can't do a 5 wheel rotation, it beeps about everything, door open, key in ignition, not wearing seatbelts, being in reverse, lights on etc it's distracting and always the same beep so you can't tell instantly what is wrong and it is annoying. For what we use ours for it is quite heavy on petrol getting around 24 mpg but it's only doing short runs or has a trailer on the back. I would expect to get 35 plus on a long run as that is the quoted figure.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: furo

More
02 Jun 2020 13:58 #223146 by furo
Thank you both very much, that has been helpful.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds