BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Vitara or jimny automatic softop

• greyhound
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Sep 2016 14:01 #172641 by greyhound
Vitara or jimny automatic softop was created by greyhound
Hi All

I am new to the site, please excuse my ignorance sometimes.

As a hobby, over the bast few years I buy older type cars,renovate then to my taste drive around europe and sell on, sometimes at a loss whihc I appreciate

I have done this with Hyundai Coupe/ Volvo c70 soft top.
This year I am looking at either a used Jimny Soft top/or Vitara soft top, either must be automatic. Is there much difference in spec / size etc costs running costs/parts

Any help or advice on what one to go for. I understand that my specifications on type style, may be few and far between, Am happy to spend around £1000 on the vehicle,as I will get it mechanically sound, sprayed new top if needs etc.
I live in Kent, am happy to travel to look at one

If there are any local mechanics that are trustworthy to do some of the work I would appreciate details.

Any advice help appreciated

Many Thanks all

Can someone point me in the right direction for classified ads on the site

jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JamJim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Sep 2016 17:39 #172651 by JamJim
Replied by JamJim on topic Vitara or jimny automatic softop
Since you're aim is driving on-road.... i'd shoot for the vitara. More space interior room, better road manners and a bit more comfortable.

More
22 Sep 2016 06:44 #172672 by Busta
I agree with Jimjam. That's not to say you can't go a long way in a Jimny, but the heavy live axle on the front makes handling much more boat like and the ride much less settled than the independant front suspension of a Vitara. You'll also get a choice of engines in the Vitara. Convertible Jimnys all use the older single cam 1.3 but Vitaras have the choice of a few 4cyl petrols, a couple of diesels and 2 v6 petrols.

• Old Blind Dog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Oct 2016 17:32 #173124 by Old Blind Dog
Replied by Old Blind Dog on topic Vitara or jimny automatic softop
Why. Here in Russia we have softop Jimnys with M13A which is DOHC. And they came out of Spain.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds