BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Historic Motors

More
14 Oct 2013 17:43 #86204 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Historic Motors

Dave cc wrote: My first 4x4 sorry not a Suzuki but exactly the same really just beefed up :)
Jimny owners talk about rust Damn you have no idea until you had owned one of these lol...

Gosh yes, I thought it was my LJ!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2013 22:10 #86260 by Mud_Muppet
Replied by Mud_Muppet on topic Historic Motors

helijohn wrote:

Dave cc wrote: My first 4x4 sorry not a Suzuki but exactly the same really just beefed up :)
Jimny owners talk about rust Damn you have no idea until you had owned one of these lol...

Gosh yes, I thought it was my LJ!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Looks like a little Daihatsu thingy

2001 Red Tin Top,
4.5 inch ORA lift kit,
Pro Comp steering damper
Kap Winch Bumper,
White Weller offset Rims with 30" Insa Turbo Special Tracks,
CB Radio,
Stripped Interia
Roof Rack with 4 front Wipac,
Rear Wipac recovery Lights
.....Plenty more on its way !!!!

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Oct 2013 22:19 #86262 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Historic Motors
Yes mate of to give it a full title a Daihatsu F20 restored her fitted a Pug diesel totally bomb proof truck sold it to some plank who had it 2 weeks drowned the engine and rang up after his money back wish i still had her now

More
14 Oct 2013 22:26 #86263 by helijohn

Dave cc wrote: Yes mate of to give it a full title a Daihatsu F20 restored her fitted a Pug diesel totally bomb proof truck sold it to some plank who had it 2 weeks drowned the engine and rang up after his money back wish i still had her now

Why did he want his money back????

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Oct 2013 11:45 #86320 by Dave cc

helijohn wrote:

Dave cc wrote: Yes mate of to give it a full title a Daihatsu F20 restored her fitted a Pug diesel totally bomb proof truck sold it to some plank who had it 2 weeks drowned the engine and rang up after his money back wish i still had her now

Got it in his head was something to do with the way I had fitted the engine didn't run a snorkel just told him to do one sold you a jeep mate not a sodding submarine

More
15 Oct 2013 16:17 #86360 by helijohn

Dave cc wrote:

helijohn wrote:

Got it in his head was something to do with the way I had fitted the engine didn't run a snorkel just told him to do one sold you a jeep mate not a sodding submarine

There's always one!! :laugh:

• 410shotgun
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2013 15:58 - 19 Oct 2013 15:25 #86676 by 410shotgun
Replied by 410shotgun on topic Historic Motors
have a good look at this snip

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Oct 2013 15:25 by 410shotgun.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2013 17:05 #86685 by Dave cc

410shotgun wrote: have a good at this snip

Awsome strand board cab divider and drain pipe snorkel :)

More
19 Oct 2013 17:31 #87059 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Historic Motors
This was my '97 EFI Sammy, left hand drive, that I had in France for about 5 years. Was totally standard and straight when I bought it, and a nice low mileage car. I put ORA back and front bumpers, Goldfish winch with bow rope, Rob Stor 4:1 transfer box, ARB's back and front, rock sliders, ORA petrol tank guard, Jimny power steering, internal roll cage, Wrangler seats and plenty more. Great car and I had loads of fun with it, it would go anywhere! I did the Mille Rivieres, Trophee Cevenol, Alta Rocca in Corsica and plenty more. I sold it and see it regularly and its still going strong.

I replaced it with a VVT Jimny that is pretty much the same specification.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15
Attachments:

More
19 Oct 2013 17:53 #87066 by helijohn

Obarno wrote: Jimny power steering,

I always wanted to do that to mine...........I think Vitara power steering was the thing to do ...........it was the only nasty on mine. Today's drivers don't know how it is to not have PS. My first Vitara didn't have PS and I never batted an eyelid. :)

More
20 Oct 2013 13:19 #87183 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Historic Motors
Vitara power steering was certainly popular but you needed an adaptor plate to fit the box to the chassis. I used a Jimny box that bolted straight on through the original chassis holes.
Simples!

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• jonathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2014 16:07 #98889 by jonathan
Replied by jonathan on topic Historic Motors
the Fj20 Diahatsu Fourtrac ( Toyota Rocky) was a nice little 4wd i used to work on them, i nealy bought a new one in 1980

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds