BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My play thing.

More
29 Dec 2009 20:07 #1726 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:My play thing.
Any tips on fitting them I won them will be picking them up tomorrow hopefully get them fitted by the weekend.

Baz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2009 07:45 #1727 by Sutman
Replied by Sutman on topic Re:My play thing.
Hi Baz, Well done and not a bad price too :lol: .
Grind off the skyline fixing plates, so just have the bare runners.

On the Jimny seats remove the bottom runners. There are a few things stop them coming off like the rivets holding the fixing brackets on, just drill them out, and rebolt after. on the underside of the runners are some recesses just drill them out too and than should allow the the runner to slide off. :)

To fix the jimny runners too the new seats, I use 10mm bolts,as I don't have a welder :( , you will need to grind the bolt heads down to fit inside the skyline runners.
The inner runners you just bolt together, the outer ones need a 55mm spaces between them to make the seat level.I just cut down Some box section from an old roof rack.
If you can weld that would be the better option, then just rebolt the seat back in, and the seat belt holders work fine with the Jimny seat belts :) .

More
02 Jan 2010 13:52 #1760 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:My play thing.
Well it's been a cold couple of days but I have got them in all welded up to the old runners now I stay in the seat whilst going round corners. Anyone else thinking of putting these in I would recommend it.

Thanks
Baz

• richard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2010 09:16 #2006 by richard
Replied by richard on topic Re:My play thing.
i like the snorkel how is it held on,?

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds