BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My 2003 Jimny "pixel" edition

More
09 Feb 2023 18:28 #247483 by jimny-pixel2003
Hello! After a long time i decided to make an account on this amazing forum that helped me learn about jimny's, diagnose problem and give me ideas about modifications. So this is mine it was bought about 3 years ago from a man who buys cars that were in accidents and repaints them, and it came with 4 brand new bgf ko2's in 215/75r15 but other then that it was bone stock.  It gets used a lot since its the only car that gets to my house all year since I live high on a mountain with only a windy dirt road leading up to it and in the middle of said dirt road is a tunnel that goes under a old railroad which is only 1.63m wide so 4x4's that are wider then a sj or gen3 won't even fit!  So far i've only done a couple of small modifications like: the roof rails and the rack which I've made myself, a very cool JDM fender mirror , the mudflaps which are universal ones that i made to fit and one of my favorites the white SJ wheels that i found for sale for only 5€ per wheel! (they replaced the aluminum triangle wheels) a second hand spare tire in the correct size. It also had some cool retro style side decals from a samurai (sadly had to take them off a week ago).      .It is a special edition that has its own unique color called pixel bordeaux and it came with silver shift transfer box knobs and silver dashboard bezel.  And i just want to thank the moderator and people who run/made this forum for making so much information readably available 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2023 18:32 - 09 Feb 2023 18:41 #247484 by Soeley
Great intro, welcome to the forum.

So basically that tunnel is your driveway 
Last edit: 09 Feb 2023 18:41 by Soeley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimny-pixel2003

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Feb 2023 18:51 #247486 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. Absolutely love the colour it's almost as nice as my quasar grey!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 Feb 2023 20:15 #247487 by DrRobin
Fantastic, an ideal car for you, and think of it this way, the tunnel will keep lots of other cars out. The white wheels look good with the body work.

Borrowing from a famous Heineken ad over here, I think you can safely say, ‘Suzuki Jimny, the 4x4 that can reach parts other cars can’t reach’.

Happy motoring.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Feb 2023 15:45 #247564 by jimny-pixel2003
Thank you! And yes it's basically a very long driveway (and very muddy now after some torrential rain) lol

More
11 Feb 2023 15:47 #247565 by jimny-pixel2003
Thank you! The color has really grown on me the last years, but I also really like quasar gray it looks very sleek

More
11 Feb 2023 15:54 #247566 by jimny-pixel2003
It really is! And the tunnel has already saved me and my family multiple times, i remember one time i was driving home at night and met an bmw suv at the tunnel entrance with 3 guys with axes and chainsaws looking perplexed at the small tunnel lol!
Happy motoring to you to

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds