BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2021 Commercial Collected!

More
01 Aug 2021 17:08 - 01 Aug 2021 17:31 #237227 by Coco BT
We collected our white commercial from a kind dealer in Kent. Took the train up with the misses, collected the Jimny then drove to Surrey to collect my new work *cough, camper conversion*
Found the little Jimbo a real nice place to be, not too bad on the motorway, just felt like it could do with a 6-speed box. 

The dealer has been great from the first phone call to collecting us from the train station. 
The only issue we have is the TPMS light keeps flashing. The technician tried everything, resetting it driving it, double-checked the pressures but still scratching his head. I'm just wondering, does the spare has a sensor, perhaps he forgot to deflate that slightly? 

I wasn't too keen on white, out of the manufactured colours I prefer blue. But after seeing it in the flesh It's really growing on me. 
Last edit: 01 Aug 2021 17:31 by Coco BT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2021 17:21 - 01 Aug 2021 17:31 #237228 by Coco BT
Last edit: 01 Aug 2021 17:31 by Coco BT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
01 Aug 2021 17:22 #237229 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic 2021 Commercail collected
BTW, that's Ccoo our Border Terrier, the Jimnys for her!

More
01 Aug 2021 18:03 #237231 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic 2021 Commercail collected
The Jimny Commercial looks great in white, well done on getting one.
l think it's currently the most sought after vehicle in the U.K. !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coco BT

More
01 Aug 2021 18:33 #237233 by Coco BT
it's growing on me for sure. Had plenty of looks driving back on the M25.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Aug 2021 19:18 #237237 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic 2021 Commercail collected
Congratulations on your new toy!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Aug 2021 19:26 #237238 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic 2021 Commercail collected
White off sets the black trim well. Scratches are hard to see, you can't say that for any other colour. Black cars look cool but show even the tiniest washing swirl. Enjoy.

More
01 Aug 2021 19:46 #237239 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic 2021 Commercail collected
Martin had an issue with TPMS on his new commercial. From Facebook: m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5582...6&id=252575211483263

"TPMS Update 2 (Day 7 of ownership)

Following the attempt to reset the system on Tuesday the recommendation from Suzuki Technical was to return to the dealership and leave it there for a minimum of 2 hours to ensure the systems are completely asleep before attempting the reset again.

However on the way over to the dealer this morning there was a "bing" and all the error messages disappeared!! Despite a lot of driving it around over the last couple of days to no effect, the threat of taking it back to the dealer clearly snapped it into action.

For what its worth I thing the following happened:

Original dealer did not set it up correctly - error message "TPMS Service" is displayed. My personal TPMS reader could not read two of the wheels.

Dealer on Tuesday did reset it ok but then the TPMS module failed to read the sensors. However the sensors were woken up as my personal reader could see them. - error message "TPMS ID not registered"

Despite driving it around for the last 2 days, it still did not read the now active sensors, but at some point we achieved the 2 hours "sleep" time recommended by Suzuki, combined with the correct road conditions (driving at over 16mph for a straight period of 10 mins) meant it relearnt itself and started working. It was quiet on the roads which helped.

So its back to a clear dashboard and hoping the fix sticks!

(P.S. It also became clear that not all dealers were aware of the e-Call system needing to be taken out of "Transport Mode" as this is a separate bulletin and not in the PDI sheet, its worth checking this before you leave the forecourt)

More
01 Aug 2021 21:13 #237241 by Coco BT
@Gadget, Thanks for the info. TBH, we're not that bothered. Would have been nice not to have it continuously flashing tho 

White off sets the black trim well. Scratches are hard to see, you can't say that for any other colour. Black cars look cool but show even the tiniest washing swirl. Enjoy.

Tell me about it. The black Sprinter has imperfections all over it. Well specced van for almost 50k and I'm been told the indents in the top roof panels are normal and change with the ambient temperature! 

More
01 Aug 2021 21:30 #237243 by Roger Fairclough
I hope Coco has a full licence

Roger

More
02 Aug 2021 03:34 #237244 by Trakito1
Replied by Trakito1 on topic 2021 Commercail collected
Congrats!
I’ve had my commercial for a month now and absolutely loving it! Endless little enhancements like LED drls and indicators, blacked out rear windows etc. Really happy with this little toy!

More
02 Aug 2021 05:10 #237245 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:2021 Commercail collected
The spare does have a sensor but the car system only reads 4 wheels.

Part of the issue is that the older "deflate/inflate" method does not wake the new sensors fitted to the commercial.

If you are around Berkshire, I could try waking them for you.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds