BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny robbed - back window issues.

• Hauraki
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2020 22:57 #229573 by Hauraki
Jimny robbed - back window issues. was created by Hauraki
Our Jimny was broken into, some bags stolen. Guy was caught by security cameras, meth-addict with a string of previous car thefts. All getting fixed on insurance however we were told there is a 2-3 month wait for a rear window as it has to come from Japan.
Fortunately we have a local company that converts Jimnys to Utility Vehicles and they cut out the rear windows so I picked up one from them.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Oct 2020 07:41 #229577 by Lambert
Rotten luck there old bean. At least they caught the perpetrator and you are able to get it fixed. Remind me again why we aren't allowed to hot wire the exterior with mains power?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
31 Oct 2020 09:44 #229578 by Roger Fairclough
Many years ago scum of the earth tried to steel a car of mine but were scared off when the alarm sounded. When I checked on the car I found a large bunch of keys with one of them still in the door lock. I reported the attempt to the local fuzz and asked if I could keep the keys and was told "no because I would arrest you for going equipped for crime if you did". I then asked ( jockingly ) if I could wire the car to the mains and was again told " do that and I will arrest you for murder".
You can't win.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Oct 2020 10:57 #229582 by Lambert
This is it. In one set of circumstances I have the tools of my trade, in another I'm "going equipped" or "carrying an offensive weapon" and it's entirely at the discretion of a copper who is only human and could be having a bad day.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
31 Oct 2020 11:37 #229586 by Roger Fairclough
Viv and I took the Landcruiser to Norway for a holiday and it was a time when we had foot and mouth in the UK. As we came of the ferry in Bergen we had to drive the car through a makeshift disinfectant tank and as we did so I suddenly realised that amongst the kit I was carrying was an ex army machete. Fortunately they didn't search the car:whistle:

Roger

More
31 Oct 2020 20:21 #229595 by RainerK
If you would want a used one you could try jimnyparts.nl. I am sure you could get quite fast.

• DrRobin
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
01 Nov 2020 14:01 #229604 by DrRobin
You have my every sympathy, where I live was car crime central, up to 20 years ago I had every car I owned broken into. in fact you didn’t know anyone who hadn’t had their car stolen or broken into. Fortunately it has settle down now.

Unfortunately you can’t electrify your vehicle but you can get the next best thing, a dog or preferably a very big dog with sharp teeth.

Or perhaps in Aus a large snake?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
01 Nov 2020 15:25 #229608 by gusthegorilla
:blink: Some years ago, there was a fella on here called Ian, from Cowangie, WA.....he had a Huntsman spider that lived behind the sun visor in his Jimny.........that would do it for me :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds