× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

I return with a silver jimny

More
28 Mar 2020 17:26 #220366 by mic888
Well after sometime away after selling my blue jimny, i couldnt resist buying another as a 2nd car for abit of off road fun. So iv bought a 2002 in silver that needed abit of welding it needed front end welding behind arch liner boot floor and sills doing and a few jobs doing to it, here is some pictures.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Mar 2020 20:30 #220373 by Lambert
Welcome back to the forum. Looks to be a comprehensive repair.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mic888

More
28 Mar 2020 21:13 #220379 by mic888
Replied by mic888 on topic I return with a silver jimny
Well having been off work due to work shutting due to the corona virus. iv been busy in the garage the past few days fabricating some under body protection, for the radius arm mounts and transferbox. I have been out green laneing a few weeks ago and the radius arms took a punishing on a few rocky lanes.
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2020 21:28 #220380 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic I return with a silver jimny
Good work....

sniper

More
29 Mar 2020 10:31 #220395 by Daniel30
Nice..... Welcome back ;)

More
30 Mar 2020 20:12 - 31 Mar 2020 13:33 #220480 by mic888
Well today i tackled the chassis rot on the rear body mount, ended up been worse than i first anticipated but turned out well in the end.
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Mar 2020 13:33 by mic888.

More
11 Apr 2020 11:09 #220928 by kirkynut
Welcome back!

It's a good job you're good with a welder!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
11 Apr 2020 12:21 #220936 by Reason2doubt
Cracking welding job, looks very professional!

Welcome back too :P

More
12 Apr 2020 14:42 #220990 by mic888
Thanks for the comments. The last few days iv been busy again in the garage i pulled the classic beetle to the back of the garage to give me space to work and i set about removing the rear axle having to cut all the bolts to remove the radius arms. Im going to replace all the flexys with lengthened ones allowing me to remove the front anti roll bar if i wish as iv just lifted the jimny 2” a few days back. All of the bushes are getting replaced as they are tired, iv also strengthened the panhard rod with angle iron and im painting everything up before re fitting.
Attachments:

More
18 Apr 2020 14:00 #221204 by mic888
Well been busy again in the garage, i re fit the rear axle with new radius arm bushes, new extended brake flexys, brake cylinders, brake lines and panhard rod bushes. I also made a folding bed for the jimny as last time i was camping it was cold in the tent also made a tool box for the back of the jimny.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds