BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

More
30 Jan 2019 20:57 #202140 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Had my first real try-out of the 4WD this morning, we live on a main road and that was totally covered with snow at 05:15 this morning. I left it in 2WD as I wanted to get to know how it would behave, this being the first ever RWD car I have ever driven. So after drifting round a roundabout, I was only going slow as well! I opted for the 4WH. I stopped at a set of lights and when setting off just did it as normal, not a single hint of wheel spin form any corner. I know if it was in 2WD the back end would have been squirming about. Next test was the next set of lights on a hill start, again I wasn’t overly gentle on the throttle but it just pulled again as if on dry tarmac. Really is impressive and confidence inspiring in the traction available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2019 23:06 #202153 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
My biggest fear when diving my new Jimny in the snow isn't the capability of the car or my driving - it's all those crazy folk who think the laws of physics don't apply to them or their vehicles.

More
31 Jan 2019 06:20 - 31 Jan 2019 06:20 #202157 by Max Headroom

Bob1050 wrote: My biggest fear when diving my new Jimny in the snow isn't the capability of the car or my driving - it's all those crazy folk who think the laws of physics don't apply to them or their vehicles.

Same here!

We have some very steep hills around here. Last year before I got the Jimny a friend of mine with a car fitted with VERY capable snow tyrres (Nankang) got through it and gave me a lift to work. He would let all traffic go past him before negotiating his way DOWN hills. because he knew that HE could stop but the chances were that anyone behind him wouldn't be able to

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 31 Jan 2019 06:20 by Max Headroom.

More
31 Jan 2019 06:53 - 31 Jan 2019 06:54 #202158 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
The sweetest thing last winter was I drove up next to a bloke on the bottom of a hill in a lifted and rigged heep cherokee just standing there trying to get up, all four wheels turning but the car not moving forward..

Then i just gave full throttle and emptied first, second and third gear going up the hill, having to brake wildly in the bend at the top of the hill.

I do not need all this self esteem, turns me into a dirtbag :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2019 06:54 by yakuza.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Jan 2019 07:08 #202160 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
It would appear that in relative isolation the factory Bridgestone aren't their usual ditch finder specials. We need more people to swap them for proper ones to get a better handle on them. I wonder how much they are being covered by the esp and tc?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 Feb 2019 20:38 #202395 by Soeley
Just a minor thing today. Bought some motorbike luggage hooks seeing as the Suzuki ones are extortionate. I might swap the rear ones for the official items if Martin can get them at a reasonable price. (Suzuki want £114 for 4).

Bottom of rear seat.

Rear door frame.

No more rolling around shopping.

More
03 Feb 2019 10:43 #202434 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Is the rubber mat a Suzuki Accessory. If so, do you have a part number.

More
03 Feb 2019 15:57 #202446 by Soeley
Yes it is Suzuki, this was the label.

More
03 Feb 2019 16:11 #202448 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
990E0-78R30 - £65 from BigJimny Store

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
03 Feb 2019 16:16 #202449 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

mlines wrote: 990E0-78R30 - £65 from BigJimny Store

Thanks, but I think with shipping from the UK, it may end up costing quite a bit more than buying locally.

More
16 Feb 2019 17:17 #203326 by Soeley
I upgraded my reversing light bulb yesterday to an LED item. It is much brighter and seem s to give a better light spread. I got it from Autobulbs

Standard

LED

More
16 Feb 2019 17:28 #203327 by Soeley
I have been having a play at making my own mudflaps. I just think the genuine Suzuki one are a bit extortionate! These are universal blanks from Demon Tweaks £19.20 for a pair.

Not sure whether to trim the width down a bit on the inside so that they cover the tyre width evenly, and do I leave the corners square or round them off slightly?

The white plastic L section will get a coating of black and will in due course be replaced with some ally.

Two spire clips used in original fitment holes, one L bracket for additional support and lower edge drilled just as per Suzuki fitting instructions. Black number plate screws used on the lower edge of the bumper.

The plastic reinforcing strip will be replaced with some ally sheet cut to the same profile. Just stops the upper edge of the flap from flopping over.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds