BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Blake's Jimny

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 May 2022 03:23 #243458 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Blake's Jimny
Are the struts a kit or just something you specified yourself, if so do you have any links to what you ordered?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2022 08:00 - 27 May 2022 08:02 #243459 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Blake's Jimny
there are kits for this on epray.
I do not want to buy from china anymore however.

But there are local shops (Norway and surely UK as well) and industry supplies and webshops that can supply both struts and angled brackets and fittings for this. could get pricy then i guess.

the most important thing is to get the Newton right, how much lifting power in the strut. depends on where and how it is mounted as well.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 27 May 2022 08:02 by yakuza.

• DrRobin
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
27 May 2022 12:25 #243463 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Blake's Jimny
Where did you get the can holder from, it's super cool and handy?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
27 May 2022 12:46 #243464 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Blake's Jimny
I think maybe:

Attachments:

More
10 Jun 2022 16:26 #243663 by Darthblaker7474
Replied by Darthblaker7474 on topic Blake's Jimny
I got the bonnet struts from here  after some issues fitting the pre-facelift ones to my bonnet, I think they are from china but hey-ho they still fit.

As for the cup holder I got that from Jauce , a broker for Yahoo! Auctions in Japan. I've used them quite a lot over the years and what's great is you can "build up" a shipment then get it sent all in one package.

More
17 Jul 2022 18:06 #244120 by Darthblaker7474

I've been a busy bee the past few weeks, now I've got the money I can finally start doing all the bits I want to my beloved Jimny!

first off was sorting out a recurring problem, which was the alternator belt kept shredding itself.

I was just going to replace the belt this time around (I've done it myself twice, and a friend did it before for me back when I wasn't as mechanically experienced) and keep doing so until I swap out the engine to a 1.6 (or if I could source one a 1.8 ).  However after referencing the wiki I discovered that the belts that we'd been using were the wrong size! probably contributing to the problems I've been having. So with further consideration I decided to change the belt, as well as the water pump pulley as that was warped... almost certainly the main culprit!

File Attachment:

Also over the past few weeks since I got her back on the road, I noticed that on idle she was having some issues with the power staying on, and at some points the entire dashboard would light up like a Christmas tree, the radio would die, etc,  etc. I decided to replace the alternator and I was able to source a new old-stock Denso one for £90! 

Doing this solved all of my electrical issues, including my blower pulsating whenever the hazards/indicators were on! 

My next job then was to address the leak coming from the NS swivel seal, which I suspected was a faulty axel oil seal. I'd replaced the king pin bearings that side before (after an accident) and foolishly never bothered to do the opposite side to match  ,  so I attacked that whilst I was at it too. Surprisingly the side I've done only took me two hours, whereas the drivers side took me four in this blistering heat too! After a quick test drive all was good 

I've also managed to get myself a full set of BRAND NEW genuine Suzuki floor mats, for the grand sum of 50 quid!

• redoregan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2022 15:25 #244432 by redoregan
Replied by redoregan on topic Blake's Jimny
Looks great, mate. You're good at sourcing stuff!

More
09 Oct 2022 20:46 #245352 by Darthblaker7474
So as part of my ongoing efforts got fix my cabin heating, I replaced the thermostat today, it was an absolute ball ache! And it didn't fix my heating   I've got one more trick up my sleeve before I concede and go to a garage.

On the flip side, It did give me chance to clean out my throttle body...

Attachments:

More
14 Dec 2022 20:44 #246364 by Darthblaker7474
So at long last my package from Japan arrived!  I'd found a website that allows you to search for parts really easy, just by looking where they are on a diagram. I was originally only going to get just the heater matrix, as it was nearly half the price than what my local dealer quoted me (nearly £300!) so I was able to get all this for ever so slightly more

More
14 Mar 2023 21:08 #248051 by Darthblaker7474
So I've had a very busy couple of months, in that time I've done the following to Jenny:

Replaced the heater matrix, now I have a nice warm cab, and the engine isn't over heating anymore! 

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

It was an absolute ball- ache, took me 3 days in the freezing cold but it was worth it! I've taken extra photos and plan on doing a write up for the wiki as I couldn't find any info beforehand

I finally got around to getting my factory-tinted windows fitted too, by a local firm that barely took an hour!

And finally (for now) I managed to snag a few Jakarta alloys off eBay, and I only need the one for my spare!

More
21 Apr 2023 16:53 #248746 by Darthblaker7474
So on New Years day this year, my Jimny decided after our long drive down to Cardiff to throw up an ABS light, whatever I thought and it was the least of my priorities and the car was still stopping.

Fast forward to April and my MOT is due, I take my car to the garage for them to plug in their diagnostics and it comes up with the code C1025 - Fault with front-left sensor. Whilst the sensor was displaying the speed, according to the live data, the code could not be cleared so we looked up what common faults there were with the ABS system. This lead us to a website that offered refurbished ABS modules, however the fault code they were recommended for was different to the one on my car. We both agreed that I could call Suzuki for their opinion, so I did and they wanted £140 for diagnostics!!! 

I confirmed that the fault code was the correct one by using the diagnostic port on the car and the method detailed on the wiki. The ABS light flashed indicating that it was indeed the sensor on the front left that was faulty, so £250 and a few days later I was in possession of a Genuine Suzuki sensor.
fitting took about 2 hours, and the hardest part was getting the sensors in the holes on the backing plate (they're very snug!).

Turned the car back on and the light immediately dimmed! Success!!! 

Hopefully this helps anyone with the same fault as I couldn't find anything specific to the Jimny on the rest of the web.

I also noticed that the shocks on the front were OEM too... possibly original! They look well over due for an upgrade.
Attachments:

More
07 Jun 2023 20:11 #249457 by Darthblaker7474
A friend of mine that runs a campsite decided to become a Jimny owner recently! However the one he's bought is a shed, needs new brake lines and isn't road legal. So he's decided to sell it and get a Hilux instead.

On the plus side, he let me have one of the brand new shock absorbers that was in it when it arrived (on a trailer)   funny coincidence as my driver's side rear had started squeaking.

If only I'd have known how much effort it was going to be to get the old ones off, snapped both bottom bolts! 

I ended up drilling them out and using a nut and bolt to connect the new shocks to the axle (I got another cheapo one off eBay) and the difference in ride comfort is like night and day! I can't wait to do all 4 corners properly now with new springs too! as well as some upgraded shocks when the budget allows.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds