BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SPooky Zooky on E-Manage Ultimate dyno session

More
19 Sep 2009 19:12 - 19 Sep 2009 19:21 #1277 by samuraijimny413
H€LLo Forumers,

The below is my Suzooki SpookyZooky on board the dyno machine for a spin.
Kaz the Japanese tuner goes tru the wiring process with dedication and explained comprehensively in regards to the GReddy Trust E-Manage Ultimate.

It was a humbling experience with a good hour odd on the dyno machine,with temperature hitting record high on the water temp gauge!
During the first hour,Kaz started off with W.O.T and after achieving best final graph HP/torque figures,he simulated partial throttle positions on the dyno to enable good on road driving behaviour.

Ignition timings were advanced for low end RPMs and an optional map is tuned for lower grade petrol as i take SpookyZooky into the Malaysia jungle often..I also requested for a bypass to stock ECU map to which he politely agreed.Strictly No offroad tires are allowed on the dyno,hence the regular sized H/T tires are used.
AFR exhaust probe inserted...

Kaz the tuner on the background,he is camera shy....

Kaz in Spooky's cockpit sweating with the high engine temp!

Samuraijimny413

Last edit: 19 Sep 2009 19:21 by samuraijimny413.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2009 19:46 #1278 by mlines
So what did it score on the dyno??

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 Sep 2009 17:47 - 23 Sep 2009 18:04 #1297 by samuraijimny413
Mlines and kool Bigjimny forumers,

My previous OBit SMT6(frm Perfect Power)Piggyback was tuned furious and raw..But just felt like fiddling with this much talked-about GReddy Trust E-Manage Ultimate..This unit directly fires the x4 fuel injectors and controls the ignition timings without fooling the crank angle sensor.
The E-Manage Blue is just as good.much more compact compared to this.And Blue is going real affordable too!

The Green graph line(EMU) is the final Torque/HP result after the tune compared against the Black graph line (stock).Notice the Japanese tuner Kaz managed to shift the Torque band width forward which is vital for offroad use and start/stop traffic in Singapore.
The focus is on the torque.It is an improvement when taken to the road.My jimny is raring to go with louder roar all the way to redline... ;)

TOrque & HP Graph----

AFR & HP Graph

Air/Fuel Ratio is adjusted to provide more HP on the mid to high range RPMS.In the stock graph(Black line),the fuel is too lean.
Ignition timings are upped accordingly on the Lower rpms to improve on the torque figures..
As much as 7 degrees of timing tweak and slightly lower timings on the lower grade petrol map B. :blink:

perfectpower.com/

www.greddy.com/products/display/?Categor...onics&SubCategory=47

Samuraijimny413
Last edit: 23 Sep 2009 18:04 by samuraijimny413. Reason: new links

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds