BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Broken front left spring on 2” lift kit

More
22 Mar 2024 12:30 #255205 by mxman
Hey guys, long story short:

I lifted my Jimny with the 2” black raptor lift kit back in May 2021. After installing 31” wheels last September, the Death Wobble started to concern me.

I bought the castor correction bushes a few weeks ago and got charged waaaay too much by DHL and the icelandic customs, only to notice yesterday while installing the bushes that my front left spring is broken. Funny enough, the car passed the annual inspection without failures 3 weeks ago.

Does anyone know if there is any car manufacturer that sells those springs so I can buy a replacement here in Iceland, instead of ordering them to Jimnybits and get f**ked again by the toll and DHL?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2024 00:39 #255207 by yakuza
We Try to stay off DHL here in Norway too. But the last time I got a parcel thru DHL it was all good actually.

No black raptor sellers here in Norway that I know of.
I Can not recommend nomax.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Mar 2024 03:37 #255208 by Lambert
As far as I'm aware the only vehicle that shares the spring is one of the Honda suvs but they are equivalent to like a 4 inch lift over standard.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 Mar 2024 07:14 #255210 by yakuza
You could just ask jimnybits if they could use someone Else as well.

Same tax + fee +tax problem here but seems to have gotten better now that ebay and others collect tax on purchase so it is pre paid. If DHL or others Try to collect the tax and fee again, we refuse to collect the parcels.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
23 Mar 2024 09:57 #255214 by jackonlyjack
The Honda crv 1995-2001 rear springs fit the seats...... But are very soft and would need chopping down to get the ride height..... After using said springs for last few years and suffered 4 broken front springs they just not upto the job in my opinion. 
Now going to try x-Shocks Dakar. 
These are available in Europe possibly made in Poland 

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds