BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen4 lcv audio/ reverse camera help

More
15 Mar 2024 19:42 #255096 by Tommy1986
Hello everyone. I purchased a new jimny lcv and im adding a new head unit with reverse camera. The unit i am a installing is a pioneer sph-da160dab and the camera is a pioneer nd-bc9. The problems i have are:
1. Where do i connect the reverse signal input to?
2. Where do i connect the parking break cable to
3. How should i run the cable for the new mic out of the head unit to a suitable location
4.Where do i connect the red (fused) and black wire from the reverse camera

​​​​​

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2024 10:04 #255102 by DrRobin
I installed an aftermarket head unit and rear camera to my Gen 3, it’s usually quite straight forward to find the connections, but you do need the wiring diagram or pin outs for both units.

Your head unit and probably camera should have come with a wiring diagram or pin outs in the manual or leaflet, could you post them here please?

My aftermarket head unit needed an ISO cable to connect in to Suzuki’s connectors, I had to buy this separately, does your head unit need one and have you already got the right cable adaptor?

Since you are non-standard you will be very lucky if it is plug and play Fitment, you might have to splice or joint the wiring in. If you are not confident on doing this then you might want to consider taking it to an auto electrician.

You might be lucky and find someone who has fitted the same head unit/camera but when there are so many out there, they nearly all become a custom fit.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
18 Mar 2024 09:04 #255135 by Motacilla
I am not an audio guy, but there is an off-the-shelf adaptor harness to plug an aftermarket radio into the Gen4. No need to cut wires. Several YouTube videos on this.

There are also some good text writeups on wiring, including the camera and microphone. There's a German forum that is good, and the Japanese forums are stuffed with useful how-tos. Using your browser's translation function makes it easy.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds