BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny tie rod and rack rod ends

More
04 Jan 2024 11:39 #253242 by Stefan
Good day all, a happy new year to everyone.

​​​​Having some issues with obtaining rack rod ends. I had my Jimny at the tire shop last year to replace all four ends, but the kind gentleman only replaced the two on the tie rod. I contacted Suzuki to find replacements, going to cost a lot so they recommended a different spare parts store, but they don't have the rack rod ends.

My question is, are the ends on both rods the same in thread size and pitch? My measurements say the thread sizes are all the same, but I'm not sure if there is some small differences.

Best regards,
Stefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Jan 2024 12:48 #253243 by Lambert
A jimny is a steering box type not a rack. Consequently you have a left-hand thread and a right hand thread on either end of the the drag link at the front of the axle and the tie rod at the back of the front axle. Adjustment is made by turning the relevant rod to shorten or lengthen as required. Hence needing left and right threads.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
04 Jan 2024 14:43 #253244 by mlines

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
06 Jan 2024 08:46 #253286 by Stefan
Thank you. But are the left hand side and right hand side ends of the tie rod the same as those of the drag link? Major parts stores list only tie rod ends, no drag link ends.

More
06 Jan 2024 09:24 #253288 by mlines
Yes they are all the same, as it says in the product description

"These fit on the end of the steering tie rods, both the front one from the steering box and the rear one between both wheels."

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
06 Jan 2024 14:17 - 06 Jan 2024 14:21 #253298 by Phaeton

Yes they are all the same, as it says in the product description

"These fit on the end of the steering tie rods, both the front one from the steering box and the rear one between both wheels."

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk
Do they come with the lock nuts, had a look under mine today & they are chewed up, the LH & RH ones, not for the taper
Last edit: 06 Jan 2024 14:21 by Phaeton.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds