BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Panhead rod chassis bracket replacement

More
21 Dec 2023 06:00 #252979 by morford
Hi all,
exploring a few options, for my poor  jimny been told on here that this bracket from Lambert is what I need.
www.lambertsengineeringltd.co.uk/suzuki-...repair-parts-weld-on

I have no welding experience but pretty good generally, replaced king pins, complete exhaust etc. I have an angle grinder, but would need a welder.
how hard would this be to fit?
Thanks
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2023 08:21 - 21 Dec 2023 08:25 #252981 by Scimike
Yes you are going to need a welder and a grinder.
But as it's all new to you AND you are going to need to purchase a welder I would investigate getting a mobile welder to do it for you or tame garage. If you fancy a go t's not a big job, stick welders are cheaper and would be fine but are arguably harder to use than the more expensive mig. I prefer stick on thicker metal, you can get one for £40 -70 that will do the job or go secondhand. Cut the old part off making a note of it's position on the chassis, tape measure time, clean the chassis and new part in areas to be welded. Place new part in correct position, tack in place and check, if ok weld it on.
But I would still suggest you pay an experienced welder, it's an important part so "pigeon poo" welding is best avoided.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 21 Dec 2023 08:25 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: morford

More
21 Dec 2023 09:51 #252984 by morford
Thanks very much for the response. Sort of sounds as per my thouights. I will ask around see what people come back with
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds