BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suzuki Jimny 2WD/4WD/4WD-L Switch

More
20 Dec 2023 22:08 #252972 by XTOPERMAN
Dear all, 
Hoping you may be able to help.
My 2005 VVT Jimny has the attached picture 2WD/4WD/4WD-L switch console. All the modes work fine in operation however when i switch the lights on only the 4WD-L switch lights up on the switch which implies the bulbs behind the 2WD and 4WD buttons may be blown? Essentially at night if you ever needed to use the options you cant see which one is which as there is no back-lit glow being emitted.
Some questions:
Can the bulbs be replaced or would I need to find a new/used switch assembly?
How easy is it to get the assembly out?

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

The PDF shows the official Suzuki diagram but I cant see any separate bulbs?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Dave
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2023 23:12 #252974 by DrRobin
There is only two bulbs, they are wire ended and held in 1/4 turn holders, easy to replace.

The switch unit is held in by two plastic spring clips one at each end. Mine was very tight and need a big screwdriver to compress the clips, but they do release and it comes out forwards from the dashboard. Once it comes out you will know where and how much pressure to apply.

Alternatively lie down on your back and with a torch you can see the plastic spring clips on either side of the unit.

Once out disconnect the multi-way connector and the two bulbs are obvious.

I didn’t fit bulbs in mine but made up blue LEDs with a small resistor in each holder as the heat from the old bulbs had contributed to early switch failure and the previous owner to me had replaced the dash lights with blue bulbs.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: XTOPERMAN

More
21 Dec 2023 04:38 #252977 by XTOPERMAN
Many thanks Robin. If there are only 2 bulbs it sounds like 1 bulb provides the back light to the 2WD and 4WD buttons together as both button back lights are out? Any recommendations as to where I can purchase the bulbs from and the size/type to search for as my local dealer isn’t much help?
Thanks
Dave

More
22 Dec 2023 01:09 #253003 by yakuza
T3 bulbs. There are suppliers on ebay but the quality is often bad and poor life span.
But my friend at the local suzuki shop got these for me many years ago.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...lights?start=0#90617

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XTOPERMAN

More
23 Dec 2023 20:49 #253025 by XTOPERMAN
Hi Yakuza, Many thanks for your great reply and links within.
I have ordered 2 x bulbs from Suzuki. For anyone interested the Suzuki Part Number is 37275-76J00,approx £9.00 each!

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds