BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

4WD Position Sensor Replacement

More
17 Dec 2023 07:22 - 17 Dec 2023 07:32 #252905 by avehbiaslanturk
Hello,
I own a 2009 Suzuki Jimny with automatic transmission and 146.000 kilometers. My vehicle recently started to turn on the 4WD light by itself and was trying to shift into 4WD mode by itself. I suspected the 4WD position sensor because it had been repaired/soldered before, and I disconnected the socket. As I expected, the problem was solved. Now I want to replace this sensor with a new one.

Questions:
  • What size wrench do I need?
  • Are the 4WD position sensors the same for AT and MT Jimnys?
  • Will there be any oil or fluid leaks? The diagram shows a ball, what is its purpose?
  • Or could my fault be something else?
I would appreciate any help or advice you can provide.

Vehbi
Last edit: 17 Dec 2023 07:32 by avehbiaslanturk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2023 09:13 #252906 by DrRobin
I had a similar problem on my 2011 manual, it was the dashboard switches which had developed a fault and I replaced the switches and it was perfect again.

I suppose it’s possible that a faulty sensor might give the same problem but it might be worth reconnecting the sensor and disconnect the 2WD, 4WD, 4WD-L selector switch first and see if this also fixes the problem? It will be easier than replacing the sensor.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: avehbiaslanturk

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Dec 2023 09:30 #252907 by Lambert
The ball is part of the detent mechanism in the transfer box and is vital for correct operation, it's also very easy to loose so ensure you have a tray or sheet of some kind to contain it from disappearing on the ground.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: avehbiaslanturk

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds