BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:Cargo barrier

More
28 Nov 2023 19:24 #252435 by Ulltand
Cargo barrier was created by Ulltand
Hi there,
Im looking on a 2-seated Jimny gen 4 with cargo barrier steel net. Installed im a bit to tall for a nice driving position. However it looks that it could be fitted in position 20 cm back. But if soo how about det lower steel panel? My best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2023 20:54 #252440 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Cargo barrier
I have made a video on exactly that

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ulltand

More
28 Nov 2023 20:56 #252441 by Pondboy
Replied by Pondboy on topic Re:Cargo barrier
I managed to move the upper cargo mesh back 100mm. Just loosened the lower fixing bolts on the solid section, bolted in the mesh with 100mm 6m stainless bolts and a nut to hold the mesh back against the bolt head. Located all four points on the mesh into the existing fixing points (two on the solid section), then tightened up the bottom nuts on the solid section, which is now at an angle. Didn't try to locate the mesh hooks onto the lower solid section, but nothing has rattled since I did the fix. Gave me about 7cm more rearward seat travel. I tried 120mm bolts, but the side bars narrow preventing a good fit.

Hope that this helps.
Gen4 LCV, PB

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

More
29 Nov 2023 10:32 - 29 Nov 2023 14:28 #252451 by Ulltand
Replied by Ulltand on topic Re:Cargo barrier
Thats a great video Martin, thanks! Would it also mean that you can position the seat backwards on the rail? Or just tiling it more? Need 10 cm additional legroom.

Edit. Tested the video approach and won plenty of legroom as vell. Well enough for my 190 cm. :)
Last edit: 29 Nov 2023 14:28 by Ulltand.

More
29 Nov 2023 12:21 #252461 by Pondboy
Replied by Pondboy on topic Re:Re:Cargo barrier
My setup
PB

More
29 Nov 2023 19:16 #252488 by Ulltand
Replied by Ulltand on topic Re:Re:Cargo barrier
Smart! But even my strongest specs cant compensate for the last pic. :) Guess that there is the same approach as the upper part?

More
29 Nov 2023 21:00 #252490 by Pondboy
Replied by Pondboy on topic Re:Re:Re:Cargo barrier
My bad, just the same as the upper link.

100mm bolt + one nut to cinch the wire frame tight after you have screwed the bolt into the existing lower bulkhead welded nut.

Will try better next time.
PB

More
17 Apr 2024 17:37 #255626 by Isaac
Replied by Isaac on topic Re:Cargo barrier
Hi Martin. In this video at approx. 8:28 onwards you show the floor boxes removed, allowing the seats to fold flat. Could this be achieved by cutting a portion off from the floor boxes, and if so how much would need to be removed?
I'm currently considering one of these, and the ability to fold the seats flat to utilise the full length and potentially lay down a sleeping bag would be a massive point to sway me in favour of the car.

Additionally, if this would be possible, but would look a mess and leave me with a huge hole in the floor, please let me know!

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds