BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

ABS light and codes

More
07 Oct 2023 08:17 #251232 by mickyd
ABS light and codes was created by mickyd
So, I had an MOT fail for ABS light and kingpin bearing (front right).
Did the bearing hoping it would cure the ABS light. It did initially, then it came back on, and is a little intermittent, as in it isn't always on, but is mostly.

The odd thing is the fault codes are both front wheels, slightly different.

C1022: Front right wheel speed sensor circuit and or sensor ring
C1025: Front left wheel speed sensor circuit and or sensor ring

The front right wheel description history:
Abnormal wheel speed sensor signal is detected

The front left wheel description history:
Wheel signal sensor is out of specified range.

So - could it be the light is on only for the left wheel, and the right wheel sensor is only flagging up as it was an issue before the bearing was replaced - ie in the history?
Or there is an issue with both front wheel sensors, and most likely cause/fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2023 21:09 #251368 by Darthblaker7474
Replied by Darthblaker7474 on topic ABS light and codes
Have you tried cleaning them off?

I ended up replacing mine when it threw up a code (front right it was), cleared the code right off.

Interestingly, engaging 4WD and restarting the vehicle would turn if off, albeit temporarily.

More
13 Oct 2023 10:47 #251377 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic ABS light and codes
You might have a wiring fault which is causing the problems?

I haven't had any problems with the ABS on my Jimny, but my other car started to develop a fault with the ABS on one of the wheels. It was like yours, sometimes OK and sometimes not.

I cleaned the sensor and checked the connections a couple of times, after each fiddle it worked fine for another week or so, but the fault came back. In the end I tested the sensor with a meter and compared it to a good one, the resitance/voltage output had changed.

I swapped the faulty sensor out for a new one and the problem went away.

The sensors slowly degrade, once they start going it's probably going to be a replacement sooner or later. Do check the wiring first and make sure your battery is fully charged before buying new sensors, they are quite expensive for the Jimny.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Oct 2023 15:00 - 13 Oct 2023 15:01 #251395 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic ABS light and codes
Although the cause here is almost certainly the sensor or wiring, it's worth repeating that LED brake light bulbs, unless they contain a resistor to simulate the load of a 21W bulb, will cause the ABS warning light to stay illuminated.  Most LED replacements don't have enough resistance to satisfy the system, even big-brand "Canbus compliant" ones.

Suzuki decided to incorporate a brake light check into the ABS module.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2023 15:01 by rogerzilla.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds