BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Stereo wiring .

More
15 May 2023 10:54 - 15 May 2023 11:08 #249114 by Fossie
Stereo wiring . was created by Fossie
You know that simple 5 minute job.?
The Clarion finally decided it was time....So a cheap replacement CD player radio was sought ...an ISO connector purchased ..slot in and play ...
No .the replacement unit has no block connector to join ISO to ...again no real issues I have block connector kit ...but  The Jimny loom has more wires,  some of the colours Match but without a diagram I can't be sure that joining  say a white to a white will provide the correct result ..

I can't find a wiring diagram from the car ...a site in South Africa covered the topic but suggested the white from Jimny is power ...on my stereo is a speaker ..

Help please . (2003 JLX)

Last edit: 15 May 2023 11:08 by Fossie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2023 19:16 #249123 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Stereo wiring .
The original Clarion headunits use a standard ISO connector. You just need to unplug it at the back of the headunit rather than the white connector part way along the loom.
Every new headunit should come with an ISO connector that plugs straight in.

More
15 May 2023 19:47 #249124 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Stereo wiring .
The new unit doesn't have the same ISO connections ..
It has a flat to the unit connection with wires to attatched to....

More
16 May 2023 06:41 #249130 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Stereo wiring .
Very odd! Is it second hand? If you have the head unit user manual it will show which wires are which, and It's easy to lookup the same for an ISO connector, so join to the old Clarion one rather than all the way back to the Suzuki connector.

More
16 May 2023 13:15 #249139 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Stereo wiring .
All sorted, I used  to show what the clarion wiring was , tried to just keep the old ISO  connectors as I have various make/ female blocks  . very tidy . But the actual unit wouldn't fit all the way in by 2 mm
So had to remove spades from blocks and join directly ....click straight in ...Tested the sound etc with Levellers CD ...then a Rammstein one, Yep that'll do.
cheers .
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds