BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

A problem with the vvt model automatic transmission, the first gear is slipping

More
09 May 2023 20:57 - 15 May 2023 18:09 #249061 by Levi sh
Hello everyone, I wanted to consult with you experts,I have a Jimny model 2005 model vvt automatic, ever since the day I purchased it there have been a few problems with the gear such as the combination to the "D" entering with a delay with a small kick and occasionally shifting gears was done with a small kick,Later on, first gear started to slip and it barely drove, I did a complete gear overhaul with a replacement kit including a gear brain and the problem still remained, the electric gear computer was tested on another Jimny and it works properly, It is important to note that all other gears work perfectly Except for the reverse gear which gives a kick but drives great.does anyone have directions for testing?updating,
I replaced the chalk brain with the sonoloids and the problem remained the sameI'm looking for an electrical diagram of the gearbox, if anyone has one, it can help me a lot
Last edit: 15 May 2023 18:09 by Levi sh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 May 2023 04:43 #249063 by Lambert
Is it giving any fault codes when you plug it into a reader? Could be solenoid valve related? When you had it apart I assume you gave it a thorough cleaning in the oil passages?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 May 2023 14:03 #249072 by Levi sh
There is no fault code, there is no fault lamp, the passages have been cleared

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds