BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Odd misfire

More
19 May 2023 16:18 #249180 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Odd misfire
Sounds good then. Good luck with the further testing.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2023 17:24 #249183 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Odd misfire
The problem with coil packs is when one goes the others aren’t far behind. My other vehicle has 6, I found cracks in 2 so thought about just replacing 2, but in the end bought 6 at a good price. I am glad I did when I swapped all of them every coil pack had a small crack in it, some could only be seen with a magnifying glass. All of them had been out before, but didn’t spot the really fine cracks the first time around.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
19 May 2023 22:26 #249187 by MysterG
Replied by MysterG on topic Odd misfire
Yeah.
Once I'm happy that a coil pack is the problem I will buy a couple of decent brand ones to hopefully see me out.

More
14 Jun 2023 09:14 #249519 by MysterG
Replied by MysterG on topic Odd misfire
Well I've covered a few more miles now and touch wood have not had any misfiring at all.

Any recommendations for a decent brand of coil pack that won't break the bank, and I'll get a couple to hopefully fit and forget for the rest of my ownership.

More
14 Jun 2023 10:22 - 14 Jun 2023 10:24 #249520 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Odd misfire
Very Sorry that I do not have any idea wich ones of mine is better as i swapped them around and lost a bit control of where they all came from.
I think I have one ebay china made and an older Esteem/Baleno on my two cars in daily use now.
I have not had this happen more than once on the Swift and once on the Jimny.

I would think the original Suzuki ones are good as they usually last the lifetime of the car with a very few exceptions.
Any used original one or ebay cheap is probably both as good as to what lifespan you will get out of them.
UI would choose a used one as I have mates that will chop parts cars from time to time 

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2023 10:24 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MysterG

More
19 Jun 2023 10:43 #249553 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Odd misfire
I bought them at Amazon, Hella 5DA 385 000-391, and I hope that Hella is a sufficiently good brand.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds