BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

3.9 Diff ratios

More
29 Apr 2023 06:14 #248876 by Eales
3.9 Diff ratios was created by Eales
Greetings from the land of Aus.

L8ong story short. Building a hybrid SJ80 Sierra / Jimny LWB ute, which will run Jimny diff housings and all Jimny bracketry onto the Ute chassis. 

'm not very clued on when it comes to Jimny drivetrain parts as I've always dabbled in the SJ Sierra realm, but I've heard Jimny diffs are like glass compared to the SJ Sierra ( Samurai ) centres?   

My current SJ80 runs a 3.9 rear diff ratio and I've heard the first Gen Jimnies had a 3.9 ratio. I've seen numbers floating about the interwebs (4.09, 4.11, 4.3 etc ] so just thought this may be the place to get an accurate answer. 

The ute will have my current 180 wheel Hp turbo Swift engine ( which hasn't ever caused a diff failure in my Sierra ) so I'm not real keen on putting weaker diff centres in. Happy to customize from jimny housings to accept a Sierr diff if that needs to happen.

Look forward to having this cleared up, so I can proceed with the build and know exactly what I'm going to be using in my diffs. 

Thankyou.

Josh 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2023 06:44 #248877 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic 3.9 Diff ratios
Maybe the information you are looking for can be found in the wiki.

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Tra...ssion_gearing_ratios

More
30 Apr 2023 08:05 #248888 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic 3.9 Diff ratios
G13B & M13A (non vvt) engined cars are all 3.9 diff ratio.

All automatics are 4.09 Ratio.

VVT is 4.3 ratio.

sniper

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds