BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny 2008 - Suspension arm pin or bush worn

More
25 Apr 2023 20:38 #248839 by Sirjamesrusty
Hello - Not been on here for a while but still keeping my Jimny running. It passed its MOT today but one of the advisories was "Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (all front and rear) - Is this something you can do at home or is it better to get a garage to do it?

Is there a ballpark figure I should be aiming for to pay for DIY or Garage?

And also... I had wanted to save up and try fit new suspension kit (not a lift kit) just an upgrade of a new kit with standard features. Woukd it be best to do the whole lot at once or as two separate jobs?

It all depends on cost as to wether I can get it all done at once so just checking.

Thanks again - if it wasnt for this sight I'd have sold my Jimny long ago but I'm getting there and learning quite a lot!!

Cheers
Chris.

I'm starting my Jimny experience as a complete novice on a 2008 Jimny VVTS...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2023 21:49 #248840 by Sirjamesrusty
...just to add - is it better to lift a little rather than replace with standard dimensions? I was looking at an old man EMU kit but with occasional green lanes and country roads is that over the top? Thanks

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Apr 2023 03:29 #248841 by Lambert
Changing the suspension bushes without a hydraulic press is definitely an adventure, possible using lengths of threaded bar and sockets of suitable sizes but I did one bush on one arm like that and bought a press the next day. Just out of interest how much movement is there in the bushes, a tiny bit with your bare hands is one thing but a lot of MOT places fishing to work will go mad with a pry bar looking for anything they can over charge for fixing.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sirjamesrusty

More
27 Apr 2023 22:11 #248857 by Sirjamesrusty
Thanks Lambert - I cant feel any serious movement with my bare hands. New garage as well that did the MOT so always seem to find new things! - its a 2008 Jimny with factory everything so I dont know the shelf life of bushes at this age - suppose it depends on what you do with the Jimny. I think i'll just monitor it to be honest as I dont really feel its a big fail at the moment. Thanks for your advice.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds