BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Losing my brakes - front/rear adjuster keeps blowing

More
22 Apr 2023 17:47 #248762 by facade
If you just remove the valve and join the pipes then the brakes will work.
BUT

The rears may lock up well before the fronts when going downhill or running light.

If there is a leak, or a hose bursts anywhere all the brakes fail. (As they have already when the valve failed)

If you epoxy round the valve it will leak again and you lose all the brakes.

If you plug the redundant port on the front circuit and route the rear circuit direct with one pipe to the rear axle flexi the rears may still lock up prematurely, but a burst hose will only kill the brakes at that end.

If you plug the redundant port now and replace the valve then you can adjust the rear braking force and the fronts will work perfectly even if the new valve fails.

I've no idea why the valves keep failing, unless they are for the wrong type of fluid or just poor quality.

As it is off road only, and is never going for MOT, you could actually just crimp the short copper pipe from the front circuit to the T piece flat and seal it off in leiu of blanking plugs. It is the front outlet at the bottom of the muddy connector, right next to the outlet to the OS front.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, CFJimny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2023 19:27 #249250 by CFJimny
All fixed - all good - thank you everyone! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds